For discerning architectural photographers, there is great need for wide angle lenses. Tilt and shift movements, features normally found on large format cameras, can be bestowed upon a smaller format of camera with a lens such as this wide Canon 24mm f/3.5L II TS-E Lens.
Being a Canon "L" lens, by definition it is a premium Canon optic. The 24mm TS-E has several distinct elements that make it stand apart from more common glass. Firstly, designers integrated a set of physical controls that allow users to rotate the direction of the tilt and shift independently of one another. Secondly, there is ±8.5° of tilt and ±12mm of shift that gives photographers ample ability to correct for perspective when taking images of interior or exterior spaces, and landscapes.
- EF mount lens is compatible with all Canon EOS cameras
- Wide image circle of 67.2mm is 50% greater than 35mm/full frame film area
- High precision glass (16 elements/11 groups) for low distortion and high resolution to the edge of the image
- Tilt and shift mechanism rotates ±90° allowing shift in any direction
- Tilt mechanism rotates ±90° allowing tilt in any direction relative to the shift
- One Aspherical and three UD lens elements minimize chromatic aberration
- Sub-wavelength structure and super-spectra coatings minimize ghosting and flare
- Circular aperture for creative, blurred highlights