The R6 from KRK is a 2-way passive nearfield monitor ideal for use in project or small professional studios. The monitor features a 6" glass aramid composite cone woofer that maximizes performance while minimizing distortion. The 1" neodymium soft dome tweeter provides a more natural sound than metal-domed tweeters, providing more natural mixes with less ear fatigue.
The wood cabinet features a front-firing bass port and a radically curved front baffle for minimal diffraction and a wide sweet spot. The recessed high frequency waveguide focuses the sound away from the cabinet and provides optimal pattern control. The rear of the cabinet features gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs for connection to a wide variety of sound systems. A precision 2-way crossover provides an accurate frequency transition between the woofer and tweeter, allowing each driver to perform to maximum potential. The monitor is shielded for safe use near video monitors and computers.
- Proprietary Speaker Components
- The 6" glass aramid composite cone woofer provides excellent performance with minimal distortion, while the 1" neodymium soft dome tweeter provides a natural tone for minimal ear fatigue
- Wooden Cabinet
- The rigid wood construction provides excellent structural integrity, extended bass response, and increased damping characteristics
- Radically Curved Front Baffle
- The curved front baffle minimizes diffraction and phase distortion, giving you excellent sound with a wide sweet spot
- Recessed High Frequency Waveguide
- The recessed waveguide focuses the sound of the tweeter away from the cabinet and provides excellent HF pattern control, keeping diffraction and phase problems to a minimum
- Front-Firing Bass Port
- The front-firing bass port provides clean, accurate bass performance without the bass coupling and port turbulence found on many rear-firing ports.
- Gold-Plated Inputs
- The rear panel features gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs, allowing you to connect the monitor to virtually any sound system
- Precision Crossover
- A precision 2-way crossover provides an accurate frequency transition between the woofer and tweeter, allowing each driver to perform to maximum potential
- Magnetically Shielded
- The monitor is magnetically shielded for safe use near video monitors