The Panasonic DMC-GH1 Digital Camera merges the very best of digital SLR technologies with advanced, next-generation HD video recording. Utilizing the Micro Four Thirds system, the camera design offers a 50% shorter flange spacing (mount-to-sensor distance), and a 6mm reduction in the size of the outer lens mount. This innovative, mirror-less design dramatically reduces the size and weight of the camera body and allows for the development of more compact optics.
The camera includes a LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm lens with optical image stabilization. This amazing focal range, coupled with silent focus and electronic aperture adjustments, is perfectly suited for all photo and video applications. The camera's 12.1 megapixel Live MOS sensor and dual Venus Engine HD image processors render images with exceptional clarity and minimal noise--even when captured at high ISO. Panasonic's exclusive iA (intelligent Auto) mode features powerful Face Recognition that "remembers" faces registered in the camera, giving priority focus and exposure to capture to your favorite subjects. Now it's easier than ever to make friends and family members stand out in a crowd!
High Definition video is available on many of the latest DSLRs, but the GH1 is distinguished as the first to allow full-time, manual adjustment of shutter speeds and aperture values. With manual exposure control, you can bring your HD vision to life without compromise. In addition to control of depth-of field and exposure times, the GH1 even records audio in rich Dolby Digital Stereo sound. A stereo-mini jack allows professional audio equipment to be attached for even higher quality sound recording.
- Intelligent Exposure (iA) Mode
- Panasonic's newly developed Intelligent Exposure (iA) Mode simplifies face detection autofocus, AF tracking for moving subjects, optical image stabilization, scene mode selection, and ISO to make great pictures as simple as point-and-shoot. Concentrate on the subject in front of you--let the camera do the rest. The GH1 lets you enjoy making great photographs with ease!
- Super Zoom 14-140mm Lens
- Coupled with the GH1, the newly-developed 14-140mm (10x) zoom lens provides excellent wide-angle to telephoto coverage. From landscapes to dramatic close-ups, this optic ensures first-class image quality in an amazing 35mm focal equivalent of 28-280mm! The integrated optical image stabilizer keeps your photos sharp and shake-free while the silent autofocus motor keeps pace with the most demanding photo and video applications.
- HD Video Recording with Creative Control
- Many new DSLR cameras can capture HD video, but the GH1 is the first to allow manual operation of both shutter speeds and aperture values. Creative Movie mode gives users the ability to take full control of the moving image with artistic license over depth of field and shutter speed effects. From documentary to independent production, the GH1 can make your HD vision a reality!
- Advanced Venus Engine HD Processing
- Dual CPUs allow for advanced multi-task image-processing with industry-leading response times and extremely short shutter lag. Lightning-fast processing, near-instant autofocus, and high ISO sensitivity for both stills and video make the Venus Engine the indispensible processing unit of the GH1.
- Tilt and Swivel 3" LCD
- The 3" tilt-and-swivel LCD screen makes taking photos at high or low angles a snap
- Compact and Lightweight
- Featuring a compact design and weighing just a little over a pound, the GH1 body is easy to carry and simple to use. The rounded grip makes for a steady, secure hold for purposeful, considered compositions.