The Sony SAL-30M28 30mm f/2.8 DT Macro Autofocus Lens is a compact and portable macro lens specially designed for close-up image-making. With it you can walk up to your subject and capture images from just 4.8" inches away, in outstanding clarity and detail.
Being a Sony DT Alpha lens, it is not recommended for use with 35mm full frame cameras. However, when attached to a cropped APS-C sensor DSLR, it has the 35mm equivalent angle of view that you would get with a 45mm lens. It captures a 1:1 reproduction ratio, making your subjects appear life-sized.
It is operated by a Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) for quiet and responsive AF performance. It also has a 49mm front-end filter thread so you can attach accessory filters onto it for added benefits and effects.
- APS-C 35mm Equivalent: 45mm
- This 30mm macro lens is an "everyday" focal length with the benefits of macro optical properties, with the 35mm equivalent angle of view of a 45mm lens.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8-22
- With a maximum aperture of f/2.8 and minimum of f/22, this lens' high speed means you can capture images in darker conditions using faster shutter speeds and lower ISO sensitivity.
- 1:1 Reproduction Ratio
- With this lens' 1:1 reproduction ratio, your camera can produce life-size images of your subjects.
- For DT Alpha & Minolta DSLRs
- Optimized for Sony DT Alpha cameras, this lens is recommended for use only with smaller cropped APS-C cameras.
- Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM)
- Designed for fast, smooth and silent automatic focusing, Sony's unique Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) technology achieves high torque at low speed with rapid start/stop response. The AF control signals from the camera body are sent to the lens-mounted SAM unit, which drives the lens directly, helping to assure quick and accurate AF response.
- Minimum Focus Distance: 4.8"
- Get mere inches away from your subject and still capture tack-sharp images. This macro lens can focus its elements when held just 4.8" away from your subject - giving your images a much greater level of detail.
- 7x Circular Aperture Blades
- Circular aperture blades produce smooth, rounded bokeh background effects when capturing spot-light sources in your pictures. Because the aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Filter Diameter: 49mm
- The 49mm front filter thread does not rotate, allowing rotating polarizing filters to be used.