The Trek-Tech T-Pod Mini Tripod is a new-generation solution for on-the-go camera support, designed by Trek-Tech's staff of shooters in Portland, Oregon. It is designed to hold equipment of up to 9 lbs, but be aware that any load rating is affected by the weight distribution of the load relative to the support base. In practical terms the T-Pod's appropriate for modern SLR cameras with large telephoto zoom lenses with tripod collars, such as a 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6, 100-300mm f/4, 70-200mm f/2.8, or 150-500mm f/5-6.3 (it is not for a 300mm f/2.8 or larger).
The T-Pod's unflinchingly tough, and made to take a beating in the field. It features Trek-Tech's MagMount STAR quick release ballhead, which has about the fastest connection/detachment imaginable and comes with a light duty quick release plate and a plate endowed with a rare earth magnet for extreme adhesion.
The T-Pod set consists of a legset, MagMount head, and extension pole. You can adjust the height of the unit with the extension pole, or use the T-Pod without the extension pole in place for lower height requirements. All of the T-Pod's parts collapse into a fitted case that's only 1.5" (3.8cm) thick.
- Robust, stout tabletop tripod base with extension pole and quick release ballhead
- Legset forms a 10.5" (26.7cm) support circle strong enough to hold big SLRs with large telephoto lenses with tripod collars
- Base can be used with Magmount ballhead directly if needed (provides a fixed 3.8"/9.5cm height)
- Fantastic MagConnect STAR quick release system includes lighter-duty and rare earth magnetic plates
- MagMount's included safety lock allows you to leave your gear atop ballhead and carry from the T-Pod itself, instead of having to detach all components