The American Dynamics ADEIP4 VideoEdge 4-CH IP Encoder can be used to interface up to 4 analog CCTV cameras to a network. Once connected, these cameras are treated like conventional IP cameras and can be accessed for viewing over a LAN or WAN via a Microsoft Internet Explorer browser, Intellex Digital Video Management systems, Network Client, or Browser Client.
Analog PTZ cameras, including all American Dynamics SpeedDome's and select third party PTZ domes, can be accessed for their pan, tilt, zoom, focus, aperture control as well as to operate their preset and pattern functions.
Each camera input is paired with an alarm input port for connection to an external sensor device. Each camera is also supplied with a video loss and network disconnect detection function.
Video is encoded using American Dynamics Active Content Compression (ACC), a codec 9 times more efficient than comparable MPEG-4 and MJPEG technologies.
Optional hardware accessories are available for installing this encoder on a rack (ADEIP4RM), or wall (ADEIP4WM).
Note! PoE injector not included
- Architecture developed to leverage Active Content Compression (ACC) technology
- Power over Ethernet
- Manage network bandwidth through per camera user-defined data stream limit
- Compatible with Intellex IP
- Access and control from web browser or Intellex IP interface
- Watchdog system monitoring with auto-reset
- Video loss detection
- Camera PTZ, focus, aperture adjustment, preset, and pattern controls for selected cameras
- Text stream input
- Multiple-level password protected user access
- 10Base-T/100Base-TX network support
- 1U form factor for shelf, wall, or rack mounting
- Compatible with Intellex IP v4.17 software or higher