The Tamron SP AF60mm f/2.0 Di II LD 1:1 Macro is a medium telephoto macro lens designed for APS-C size digital SLR cameras. It boasts a fast maximum aperture of f/2.0. The SP AF 60mm f/2.0 covers an equivalent angle of view of 93mm when converted to the 35mm format. With a fast maximum aperture, this macro delivers dramatically attractive blurred background effects. The amazing feature of this lens is that it offers 1:1 magnification. The object you're shooting a close-up of is the same size as the image on the digital sensor.
- Designed for APS-C Sized Cameras
- This lens is designed so the size of the lens' image circle matches that of smaller-size image sensors. In the compact design, it is almost comparable to a lens offering the same angles of view in 35mm film format.
- True To Life Macro Capture
- This lens offers 1:1 "True" Macro ability for life-size macro capture. Or in other words, the object you're shooting a close-up of - such as an insect or delicate plant life - is the same size as the image on the digital sensor, aka true-to-life capture.
- Create Dramatic Effects
- With a fast f/2.0 maximum aperture, this macro can help deliver dramatic blurred background effects.
- Long Working Distance
- The working distance of the lens is 100mm which should help the photographer stand a comfortable distance away from the subject to prevent, for example, scaring away a shy bug he or she is photographing. The long working distance of this 60mm Macro is also designed to prevent capturing the shadow of the lens barrel.