The Gitzo GK2550XQR Explorer Tripod Kit is a specialized piece of kit, aimed at solving the problems that challenge normal tripods.
It provides the ability to place a camera/lens combination of up to 11 pounds (5kg) in almost any position you could imagine; working on a 40° mountainside slope, pointing at moss on a rock beneath the tripod legs, etc. While the use of a Gitzo Explorer is a bit more unorthodox than a 'conventional' tripod, it will open avenues of creativity that should excite any macro shooter. Of course being a Gitzo, you can expect the fit and finish to be the delight that comes from the industry's top brand.
Gitzo means for your tripod to deliver decades of service, and offers a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.
- Gitzo's specialist for unusual tripod positions, extensive macro work, and use upon irregular and sloped surfaces
- An ideal kit for use with telephoto macro lenses pointed directly below the tripod's legs
- Legs have no fixed locking position, and can be locked in place at any deployment angle from 0-90° with complete independence from one another
- Center column is affixed aside the crown of the tripod, allowing it to also act as a full-time lateral arm
- Gitzo's classic off-center style ballhead, capable of placing the camera in any position imaginable
- Legs assembled from Gitzo-specific "6x" ultra-strong and super-thin (0.007mm) carbon fiber strands
- Gitzo's "ALR" Anti Leg Rotation design prohibits segments from rotating; they can only move directly up or down
- Gitzo's "G-Lock" is the industry's strongest locking mechanism
- Comes standard with ground spikes
- Made in Italy