ONE from Apogee is a pocket-sized, USB music interface featuring their award winning sound quality and designed to work easily with Apple's GarageBand, Logic, Final Cut, or any Core Audio compliant application. The implementation of the product is as elegant as it is simple to set up and operate.
There are 3 input options provided. The first is using the built-in condenser microphone, housed in a specially tuned enclosure and which delivers surprisingly good results. A second option is to use the built-in preamp with a microphone of choice, the former providing a very respectable 53dB of gain and full 48V phantom powering.
The third option is for recording guitars or basses via the instrument input. The input exhibits extremely low noise and a transparent signal path, making it the ideal solution for recording or performing live with a Mac. Output is supplied by the 1/8" jack on the front allowing connection to either headphones or powered speakers.
A single encoder knob provides direct access to the tuned enclosure microphone, external microphone or instrument selection, and output functions for input level and volume adjustment. The unit's size makes it very travel friendly, and when fitted with the optional microphone stand mount, it becomes the ultimate portable recording solution for quickly capturing musical ideas, recording high quality demos, rehearsals, podcasts, lectures, interviews, voice-overs and more.
- Single channel input, stereo output USB interface for Mac OS X with 24-bit A/D and D/A converters
- High quality internal condenser microphone allows for true portable operation for the singer/songwriter or guitarist
- Can be used with an external microphone via a preamp input with +10dB to 63dB of gain
- Accepts unbalanced 1/4" high impedance instrument and provides 0dB to 45dB of gain
- Software selectable 48V phantom power
- Line-level 1/8" stereo output for headphones or unbalanced powered monitors
- Large multi-function encoder knob for input gain control and output level control
- 4-encoder function LED indicators
- 3 segment LED input and output metering
- Apogee's Maestro software for advanced control and low latency mixing
- Compatible with any Core Audio compliant audio application
- A perfect interface for improving a Mac computer's output and providing studio quality stereo output of a user's iTunes library