The ZeRO SL Mk II from Novation is a DAW and plug-in control surface that is equally suited to live or studio use. A large back lit LED display and LED ringed encoders provides visual feedback of control information, while ultra-quick mapping of all 56 knobs, faders and buttons is managed by the included Automap 3 PRO software.
All 8 faders and 16 knobs are touch sensitive, and the moment one is touched, the display shows the names and values on that row and puts brackets around the controller that is currently selected. A dedicated "Speed Dial" can be used to change the value of any parameter the mouse cursor is positioned over without necessitating any assignment.
Eight soft-feel drum pads are fully assignable to any parameter with the Automap software and provide a convenient way for sketching out beats or triggering samples. The controller can be mounted in a 19" rack or used as a desk-top controller or angled for performance using legs that are included with the unit. The unit is powered via the computers USB bus or by using an optional external power supply.
- Touch-Sensitive Controls
- 16 knobs, 8 faders and 32 assignable back-lit LED buttons support flexible DAW control and auto-mappable plug-in control
- Illuminated Controls
- Brightly lit LED rings around the 8 smooth encoders, and back-lit buttons provide instant visual feedback for every physical control, reducing reliance on the computer screen
- Automap 3 PRO Control Software
- Automap software enables the user to instantly map software parameters to faders, buttons, encoders and pots and other controllers
- LCD Screen
- 144-character LCD screen frees the artist from being chained to the computer screen, placing all the essential data right alongside the relevant controls
- MIDI Interface
- Built-in MIDI interface and comprehensive MIDI implementation provide complete control over all external hardware synthesizers and other external MIDI devices
- Speed Dial
- A touch-sensitive rotary encoder that instantly takes control of whatever the user's mouse is focused on, providing real time access for composers and performers alike
- Fully assignable crossfader making it ideal for live performance with programmes such as Ableton
- Programmable Pads
- "Soft-Feel" drum pads eradicate the need for a separate set of drum pad triggers, providing the ideal platform for sketching out beats or triggering samples
- Dedicated Transport Buttons.
- Control the sequencer's start/stop/loop/record/forward/rewind actions, direct from the MIDI controller, reducing reliance on mouse and screen. Switching them out allows them to be used as additional assignable buttons and the controller recalls how these buttons were previously assigned
- USB Bus Powered
- Provides the artist with a mobile MIDI control solution, freeing them from the confines of the studio
- Includes Xcite+ Bundle
- Features a host of royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged soft-synthesizer and Ableton Live 7 Lite