The Cullmann Magnesit 519 Tripod is an intelligently-designed and compact tripod meant for light duty use with smaller SLR cameras and small lenses (such as the Four Thirds mount system).
The Magnesit 519 reaches a maximum height of just beyond 5', and thanks to the independent leg spread and 2-part center column it can operate at a very low working height of just 10.2" including the height of the 3-way pan/tilt head. It is named 'Magnesit' because it has extensive use of magnesium in the casings and fittings. Magnesium's a light and stable metal, helping to contribute to the 519's low weight of just under 4 pounds.
All Magnesit tripods come with an additional short center column that enables the tripods to be used for extreme macro work, when the short center column is put in "upside-down", or when the tripod is used at it's lowest position, where the normal center column would hit the ground.
- Magnesium and aluminum alloy combination
- Foam-padded upper leg segments ease handling in cold and carrying upon shoulder
- Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column allow excellent minimum working height
- Retractable spikes for use upon soft ground
- Weight hook at bottom of center column for aided stability
- 3-Way pan/tilt head accepts all Cullmann quick release plates
- Maximum upper leg diameter of 19mm
- Optional #55396 case