The Nikon CoolPix S1000pj is the world's first digicam containing a built-in projector, which is capable of projecting captured images up to 40" across at distances of up to 5.5'. Featuring a 12.1-megapixel CCD and a 5x (28-140mm equivalent) zoom lens, the CoolPix S1000pj can capture broad landscapes or tight portraits with equal ease, and print them at sizes up to 16x20".
Stills and video imagery can be composed, reviewed, and edited on the camera's 2.7" TFT LCD, which uses anti-glare coatings and an adjustment slider for optimizing image brightness to compliment the ambient lighting conditions. To better ensure sharp images, the S1000pj utilizes a 5-Way VR stabilization system that combines multiple technologies to smooth the bumps when shooting under lower lighting conditions or in places where you cannot use flash.
For optimum portraits, Nikon's Smart Portrait System utilizes Skin Softening filters (3 levels of adjustment), in-camera Red-eye Reduction, Face-Priority AF, D-Lighting, a Smile Timer, and a combination Blink warning / Blink Reduction system that better guarantees happy, blink-free portraiture.
Other noteworthy features found on the Nikon CoolPix S1000pj include Quick Retouch, which works with the D-Lighting function to optimize shadow and highlight detail, 16 Scene modes, video capture, and macro shooting down to 1.2" from the front lens element.
- First Camera with Built-in Projector
- The Nikon CoolPix S1000pj is the world's first digicam containing a built-in projector. With the S1000pj, you can take pictures and project them up to 40" across at distances of up to 5.5' away
- 12.1-megapixel CCD
- A 12.1-megapixel CCD enables you to print sharp, vibrant images up to 16x20" in size
- 5x (28-140mm equivalent) Nikkor Zoom
- With an angle-of-view range of about 74 - 18°, the CoolPix S1000pj enables you to capture tight headshots as well as wide landscapes
- 5-Way VR Image Stabilization System
- A 5-Way VR stabilization system enables sharp pictures under low-light conditions through the use of VR technology, shutter-speed and ISO optimization, and Nikon's Best Shot Selector mode
- 2.7-inch High Resolution LCD
- A bright 2.7-inch high resolution LCD makes it easy to compose and share your pictures. The TFT screen has an anti-glare coating and allows for brightness adjustments.
- Scene Auto Selector
- Automatically recognizes the scene in your picture and adjusts camera settings for optimum image capture.
- Nikon's Smart Portrait System
- Three levels of Skin Softening filters, Auto Red-eye Removal, Face Priority AF, D-Lighting, a Smile Timer, and a Blink Warning/Reduction system enable successful group or individual portraiture
- Quick Retouch
- Adjusts contrast and color vividness automatically and automatically activates D-Lighting
- 16 Scene Modes
- A selection of 16 Scene modes makes capturing optimized stills and videos a walk in the park
- Shoot Video Clips
- Record movies at 640 x 480 resolution at 30 fps
- Macro Settings
- Shoot close, macro imagery as close as 1.2" from the front lens element