The Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR is a top-of-the-line super zoom with D-SLR-like performance for camera enthusiasts looking for excellent picture quality without the hassle, bulk and expense of a D-SLR system. Thanks to a 12MP Super CCD EXR Sensor and a 14.3x optical zoom lens 7.1-101.5mm (35mm equivalent: 30.5-436mm), the S200EXR provides superior picture quality, while incorporating a "3-in-1" sensor combination of Fine Capture Technology (High Resolution), Pixel Fusion Technology (High Sensitivity & Low Noise), and Dual Capture Technology (Wide Dynamic Range).
The FinePix S200EXR boasts several shooting modes that combine the power of Super CCD EXR with Multi Frame Technology to enable users to capture exceptional images that rival expensive professional D-SLR cameras. The EXR Auto mode not only automatically recognizes the scene and selects the ideal shooting mode, but also switches the sensor to the perfect capture mode for the conditions.
The FinePix S200EXR is equipped with a 14.3x super zoom that delivers distant action up close and gets everyone in the picture or gets the subject and background in the frame. It also boasts a super macro that yields beautiful close-ups, which can provide solutions for product, medical, nature, jewelry and a wide range of other applications.
The S200EXR takes the work out of getting the desired image. Its unique shooting modes and functions take the hassle out of getting the right exposure, letting the shooter concentrate on getting the shot.
- Extreme Sensor Super CCD EXR
- The Super CCD EXR provides superior picture quality, enabling a "3-in-1" sensor combination of Fine Capture Technology (High Resolution), Pixel Fusion Technology (High Sensitivity & Low Noise), and Dual Capture Technology (Wide Dynamic Range). With an innovative color filter array and image processing technology, the EXR ensures an advanced reproduction in imaging with exceptionally balanced quality.
- Full EXR Image Quality
- The S200EXR processor employs an advanced electric charge to control the output from the Super CCD EXR sensor. This simultaneously minimizes all forms of noise while allowing more natural colors, higher resolution, and quicker processing. This technology also makes possible rapid continuous shooting and the new Multi Frame technology that allows the S200EXR to automatically align a number of separate exposures into one image.
- Superb Lens Resolution
The 14.3x zoom lens 7.1-101.5mm (35mm equivalent: 30.5-436mm) designed for the S200EXR comprises 13 elements in 10 groups including aspherical and low-dispersion glass elements. The aspherical elements ensure low distortion and superior light-gathering abilities.
Low-dispersion glass elements minimize optical aberrations that cause color smearing and fringing when shooting at longer focal lengths. The result is high resolution and outstanding imaging performance throughout the entire zoom range. A number of the elements are multi-coated to reduce reflections, minimizing ghosting and flare.
- Pro Focus Mode
- This focus-bracketing mode emulates the gentle, out-of-focus background look of a D-SLR when shooting portraits or macro subjects. A single press of the shutter first takes an exposure focused on the main subject, then additional exposures at different focus points. This produces a final image emphasizing the sharply focused subject against a soft, out-of-focus background. 1
- Pro Low-Light Mode
- Ideal for shooting non-moving subjects in low light, this mode automatically takes a series of four high-sensitivity & low-noise exposures and then combines them into an image with less noise than the single exposures.
- EXR Auto Mode
- In the EXR AUTO Mode, not only does the camera automatically recognize the scene and select the ideal shooting mode, but also switches the sensor to the perfect capture mode for the conditions. Automatic Scene Recognition adjusts the camera for various situations that include Portrait, Landscape, Night Macro, Night Portrait and Backlit Portrait. With Automatic Sensor Switching, the S200EXR will adjust to High Resolution, for bright scenes, Wide Dynamic Range for high-contrast scenes and High Sensitivity and Low Noise, for dark scenes.
- Bracketing Functions
- The FinePix S200EXR has three bracketing functions useful for high-level photography. Film Simulation Bracketing, the camera produces three images of PROVIA, Velvia and ASTIA films; Dynamic Range Bracketing, produces three images in a different dynamic range (100%, 200%, 400%); and with AE Bracketing, the camera enables continuous capture of three frames with exposure range of up to ±1.0EV.
- High-speed, High-precision AF Modes
- The AF modes offer high-speed, high-precision focusing even for subjects in low light with increased AF sensitivity. With four focus modes that are suitable for all conditions and intentions, you can focus accurately with targeted framing through single AF, continuous AF, manual focus and one-push AF (for manual focus).
- Scene Position and Mode Dial
- Simply choose the shooting mode that matches the scene, and every setting from shutter speed to white balance is optimized to capture an exceptional image. Mode Dial functions are: EXR, Auto, Natural Light, Scene Position, Movie, Manual, Program. Scene Positions are: Pro Focus, Pro Low-Light, Portrait, Portrait Enhancer, Landscape, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Party, Flower, and Text.
- Film Simulation Mode
- Simulate the distinctive look of 5 different types of film with just a touch of a button. Modeled on Fujifilm brands loved by professional photographers, each breathes life into your image with a quality that previously only film could capture.
- Wide Dynamic Range
- Just as your eye sees the full range of shadows to highlights in high-contrast scenes, D-range Priority simultaneously captures two images to produce a single image with Wide Dynamic Range up to 800%, revealing subtleties in shadow and eliminating washout of the bright areas.
- High Sensitivity & Low Noise
- Just as your eye strives to make dark scenes as bright and detailed as possible, High ISO & Low Noise Priority takes advantage of high sensitivity and FinePix technology to capture the subject with exceptional brightness and minimal noise.
- 14.3x Optical Zoom Lens
- Specifically designed to deliver maximum image quality to the Super CCD EXR sensor; the 14.3x zoom lens offers a massive range from 30.5mm wide angle to 436mm telephoto (35mm camera equivalents).
- Lens-Shift Image Stabilization
- To minimize the effect of camera shake, especially at longer focal lengths, a lens-shift image stabilization system is incorporated. The sensor automatically detects small movements of the camera and then corrects them by shifting the lens group in the optical path. This system allows vibration-free handheld shooting at slower shutter speeds than normally possible.
- Super Macro
- The S200EXR has a super macro which sets an accurate focus moving in as close as about 0.4" (1cm) to enable impressive full-frame close-ups. Great for creative capture of nature, jewelry, artwork and more.
- High-Speed Continuous Shooting
- The FinePix S200EXR can shoot continuously at full 12 megapixel resolution up to 6 frames maximum in JPEG format or 3 frames maximum in CCD-RAW (EXR). It can also shoot at 3 megapixel resolution for 5 frames per second for up to 24 frames. Furthermore, during playback, you can scan through up to 10 images per second.
- Multi Frame Composition
- With the new Multi Frame feature, just press the shutter once and the camera automatically takes a rapid series of exposures, analyzes them, and then aligns them to produce a single frame. 2
- Movie Mode
- The FinePix S200EXR can record movies in 640 x 480 at 30 frames per second. The optical zoom can be used during movie recording.
- Noise Reduction Control
- The S200EXR has three levels of noise reduction to choose from. Normal, for standard noise reduction, Hard, for maximum suppression of noise, and Soft, when resolution is a priority.
- Super Intelligent Flash
- The Super Intelligent Flash lets you take macro shots with the ideal balance of flash output and sensitivity. Integrated in the Auto mode, this flash system captures both the subject and background in bright, clear details over the full flash range including ultra close-ups.
- 2.7" LCD
- The 2.7-inch, 230,000-dot LCD monitor assures a sharp, brilliant view. The wide viewing angle of up to 160°, both vertically and horizontally, keeps the image visible when holding the camera at various angles, and is equally convenient for playing back images and viewing menus.
- Electronic Viewfinder
- The electronic viewfinder is an LCD system that shows responsiveness and color accuracy, thanks to a field sequential motion system, allowing it to be used to check color balance and focus. The 0.2-inch, approximately 200,000-dot back-panel LCD monitor offers a finer, less-pixilated image.
- CCD-Raw (EXR) and JPEG Formats
- For professional image quality, the CCD-RAW (EXR) capture mode produces files that can be developed and post-processed on your PC. The S200EXR can also simultaneously record CCD-RAW (EXR) and JPEG files. 3
- Dust-Free Lens and Body
- Lens and body are structurally integrated, preventing the entry of dust and debris. That means the sensor and other internal components remain clean and maintenance-free.
- Micro Thumbnail View
- Navigate, view and select from up to 100 photos, displayed in a 10 x 10 array.
- Extended Battery Life
- The FinePix S200EXR provides 370 shots per charge of the included NP-140 Lithium Ion battery, so there is no need to worry about power running out half way through a photo shoot.