The Canon VIXIA HF S11 Dual Flash Memory Camcorder features a 64GB internal flash memory and SDHC memory card slot for over 24 hours of video capture. In addition to recording full 1920 x 1080 high definition AVCHD video with a bit rate of 24Mbps, the camcorder also takes 8MP digital stills and offers a wide variety of shooting functions and features, including Dual Shot, Face Detection, and a built-in flash. Video or still, the HF S11 records both with its 1/2.6" 8.59MP HD CMOS sensor and gets an added boost from the DIGIC DV III Image Processor, Dynamic SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization, and other Canon specific features.
Enhancing your movie making abilities would be the camera's 24p Cinema Mode and the 30p Progressive Mode. Colors and exposure will have a richer film-look that will give your video more visual punch and depth. Other ways in which Canon gave the HF S11 more versatility include the ability to add external microphones and lights using the mini Advanced Accessory Shoe and the option to use headphones to monitor audio while recording or upon playback. If you're looking for a camcorder that provides you with HD recording, generous storage options, the ability to add external lights and mics, and a bevy of other useful functions, the HF S11 has it all and more.
- Dual Flash Memory: 64GB Internal Flash Drive & SDHC Card Slot
- You can capture video on the camcorder's internal 64GB flash memory as well as directly to an SDHC Memory Card. Video recorded to the internal flash drive can also be copied onto a memory card which can then be inserted into your computer or HDTV's card reader slot for immediate viewing. You can also use higher capacity memory cards to further increase the video storage of your VIXIA HF S11
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD Recording
- The Canon VIXIA HF S11 not only captures images in Full HD, but records and outputs at 1920 x 1080 as well, so you get Full HD from lens to screen. Your memories are preserved in stunning clarity, and ready for playback on your HDTV. With the advanced codec in the VIXIA HF S11, you can also record at the highest AVCHD bit rate of 24Mbps
- 1/2.6" 8.59MP HD CMOS Image Sensor
- The VIXIA HF S11 captures 1920 x 1080 high definition video through its Canon designed and manufactured 1/2.6" 8.59 Megapixel HD CMOS Image Sensor, similar to the CMOS image sensors in Canon's EOS Series Digital SLR cameras. The VIXIA HF S11's powerful CMOS image sensor provides high color resolution and advanced color reproduction for brilliant results. It is also unique in featuring Canon's proprietary noise reduction technologies for crisp, sharp images
- Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens
- The VIXIA HF S11 comes with a Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens. The lens features four zoom speeds - three pre-set and one variable - for smooth, steady zoom shots. The HD Video Lens also has a Super Spectra Coating that reduces flare and ghosting. Its aspheric design also reduces aberration and increases resolution, while a gradation neutral density system provides better exposures in bright shooting situations. In addition, a built-in 1.7x Digital Teleconverter provides an extended telephoto range. It also has 10x optical zoom and 200x digital zoom
- DIGIC DV III Image Processor
- DIGIC DV III helps to deliver enhanced image quality, true color production for both video and photos, and a noise reduction system for low light performance. It is also the high-speed engine which powers a variety of Canon technologies including 8.0 Megapixel photo capture, Canon Face Detection, Advanced Auto Exposure and Simultaneous Photo Recording. Plus, the Canon DIGIC DV III Image Processor allows continuous shooting of digital photos with the VIXIA HF S11. You can also enjoy faster processing of your images to your memory card (1.4x normal card; 2.5x Hi-Speed card). In addition, it helps lower power consumption for longer battery life
- 24Mbps Recording
- The 24Mbps recording capability of the VIXIA HF S11 gives you the highest quality AVCHD video possible. You'll see enhanced detail, finer gradations of tones and improved reproduction of moving subjects
- Dynamic SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization
Dynamic SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization provides continuous adjustment throughout the entire zoom range to correct for a broader range of motion. In comparison to SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization, extra compensation is applied at wide-angle focal lengths to eliminate unwanted shaking common when walking. Canon's Dynamic SuperRange OIS corrects a variety of camcorder motions: the fast vibration you'd experience while recording from a moving car; the medium-speed motion of hand-held recording; and the slower motion of body sway.
In addition, optical image stabilization keeps your shot steady without a loss in image quality - something that can't be said for electronic image stabilization. And image stabilization isn't just for video; you can even use it for taking sharper, clearer digital photographs with your VIXIA HF S11
- Instant AF (Auto Focus)
The VIXIA HF S11 camcorder features Canon's Instant AF focusing system which offers a dramatic improvement in auto focus speed and accuracy (compared to traditional auto focus systems). The Instant AF feature uses an external sensor, in combination with Canon's auto focus system, to help significantly decrease the time it takes to find focus, even in low light conditions. This system achieves focus instantaneously, reducing focus "hunting." The benefits of Instant AF are especially seen in high brightness and night shooting situations. With Instant AF, it's possible to capture fast, accurate focusing, even when following a moving subject.
And because a properly focused subject is more critical than ever with HD, the VIXIA HF S11 also features Focus Assist. This helps in capturing your subject in razor-sharp focus. It works by providing a 2x magnification of your subject (when you start recording, this assistance is automatically cancelled)
- Genuine Canon Face Detection
- Up to 35 faces can be tracked automatically, ensuring razor-sharp focus and natural, accurate exposure. Of the faces tracked, 9 detection frames can be displayed at one time. The system will also recognize faces that are turned downwards or sideways. In addition, a specific face may be selected as the main subject for continuous tracking. This feature can be used to search for clips featuring that specific subject's face. In search and playback, use of the Face Index will display frames with the chosen face as a thumbnail in each shot in which it appears. The selected face can be linked as a timeline to further identify footage containing that subject
- Advanced Auto Exposure System
- The VIXIA HF S11 has an Advanced AE System that's designed to provide the most accurate exposure settings in a wide variety of lighting conditions. This enhanced Auto Exposure system, together with Face Detection and DIGIC DV III, captures an expanded dynamic range, optimizing brightness to avoid overexposure, while still preserving important shadow detail
- 24p Cinema Mode
- 24p Cinema Mode enables all aspiring moviemakers to achieve a professional "film-look." You can change the camcorder's frame capture rate to 24p (recorded at 60i), which provides the appearance of the same frame rate as movie film. In addition, you can use the VIXIA HF S11's Cinema setting, which changes the color and tonal characteristics, evoking the look and feel of a movie shown in a theater. For added flexibility, these settings can be used together or independently
- 30p Progressive Mode
- In addition to the standard interlaced video frame rate of 60i, you may choose to set the VIXIA HF S11 to capture video in 30p, (30 progressive frames, recorded to 60i) which is particularly useful for footage to be used on the Internet. In addition, this setting gives enhanced quality to still images captured after recording. It's also excellent for action shots and sports
- Built-In 8MP Digital Camera
The VIXIA HF S11 is not only a camcorder but also an 8 Megapixel Digital Camera. The VIXIA HF S11 features Simultaneous Photo Shooting, allowing you to capture 6 Megapixel photos and video at the same time. The built-in digital camera also features Auto Intelligent Auto Focus (AiAF), auto exposure modes, Program AE Mode, selectable metering patterns, and auto exposure bracketing.
In addition, the digital camera also features continuous shooting and simultaneous photo recording while you're capturing video. Level and grid markers, a histogram display, built-in flash, print/share button, and DVD burner compatibility all work to ensure that digital camera aspect of the HF S11 is as user-friendly and dynamic as the video recording
- Shooting Control
- A wide variety of shooting controls help make your video and still recording experience more intuitive. The HF S11 features Dual Shot mode which allows for capturing video and stills simultaneously. The camera also features shooting assist functions such as gain control, 100% area display, and Custom Key. Other controls include variable zoom speed control, level and grid markers, Quick Start, Pre-record, and an improved menu user interface
- 2.7" Mutliangle Vivid Widescreen LCD
- The 2.7" Multiangle Vivid Widescreen LCD on the VIXIA HF S11 lets you see more of what your camcorder is recording. Using a hard coat Anti-Reflection surface and improved color reproduction, the scene in the viewfinder is a more accurate indication of what you're capturing in the camcorder. An added benefit of this Canon exclusive is the wider range of viewing angles possible with this new LCD screen. With less glare and deeper contrasts, groups of people can gather around it and see the image displayed clearly
- Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe Terminal
- At about half the size of Canon's Advanced Accessory shoe, this feature allows you to attach Canon optional accessories, such as the VL-5 Video Light, DM-100 Directional Stereo Microphone, or RA-V1 Remote Control Adapter.
- Advanced Video Snapshot Mode
- Advanced Video Snapshot Mode will let you shoot short movie clips with the VIXIA HF S11 in the same way you've shot snapshots with your still camera. In this mode, you can create 4 second video clips which can be played back in the VIXIA HF S11 with background music. You'll also be able to use the mode to capture clips in Playback Mode as well
- Night Scene Mode
- The Night Scene Mode setting in the Program AE of the VIXIA HF S11 reduces video "noise" and helps to prevent overexposure of artificial lighting from buildings and streetlamps while shooting video outdoors in the dark
- Optional Canon RA-V1 Remote Control Adapter
- Should you have the need to operate your VIXIA HF S11 on a tripod, the optional Canon RA-V1 Remote Control Adapter can be a useful addition to your equipment set. Simply slip the RA-V1 into the Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe on top of the VIXIA HF S11 and you'll have a LANC terminal to which you can connect an optional wired remote controller, such as the Canon ZR-1000, ZR-2000 or third-party device
- Intelligent Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Intelligent Lithium-ion battery which powers the VIXIA HF S11 more accurately tracks remaining battery life; it also gives a display in minutes remaining. It will allow you to better plan your shooting, so you won't be caught out with a battery that suddenly goes from "half" to "empty." You'll find this especially useful since it lets you take full advantage of the long recording time capability of the VIXIA HF S11
- HDMI Terminal
- With the VIXIA HF S11, sharing your high definition video on your HD television is easier than ever. Only a single cable connects your camcorder to your TV for the highest quality playback (video and audio)
- Microphone Terminal with Manual Audio Level Control
- The VIXIA HF S11 allows you to enhance the quality of your audio by using the optional accessory Canon DM-100 Directional Stereo Microphone (which attaches to the Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe) to capture better sound, and headphones to monitor the audio as you hear it. You can also attach an external microphone through the 3.5mm microphone terminal. Manual control of audio levels also lets you set the exact balance you need for the situation
- Includes Pixela ImageMixer 3 SE Video Editing Software
The Canon VIXIA HF S11 High Definition Camcorder is bundled with a software suite called Pixela ImageMixer 3SE. You can easily perform a variety of functions, including AVCHD Editing in which you can trim, reorder, and combine scenes, as well as add music, titles, and transitions. This software also allows you to play your AVCHD movies on your computer and will also let you share copies of your movie with friends and family through flash memory to hard drive copying.
- Built-In Electronic Lens Cover
- The Built-in Electronic Lens Cover means you never have to go looking for your lens cover again. Turn your camcorder on and the lens cover automatically opens. Turn it off, and the cover closes.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Terminal
- The USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Terminal provides for ultra-fast transfer of movies and photos
- Wireless Remote Control
- Wireless Remote Control lets you operate your VIXIA HF S11 from a distance, so you don't have to be left out of the picture
- Compatible Optional Accessories
- Compatible Optional Accessories available including the Wide Converter WD-H58, Tele Converter TL-H58, Video Flash Light VFL-2, Video Light VL-5, Directional Microphone, DM-100, Remote Control Adapter RA-V1 and High Capacity Battery Pack BP-827