The Xonar Essence STX PCI Express Sound Card from ASUS is a PCI Express sound card, intended for use with Windows PCs. The sound card is optimized for use with headphones, as it features an integrated headphone amp and an amazing 124dB SNR rating.
The card is built using hyper-grounding circuitry, which uses a multi-layer PCB to separate signal and noise, ensuring that only clean signals are sent to your components. All of the circuitry is shielded against EMI, eliminating distortion. A high-quality DAC and Nichicon "Fine Gold" capacitors combine to produce superlative audio quality.
Note: This card requires a 4-prong power adapter.
- The sound card features the ancient Chime of Tiger emblem plated in gold on its EMI shield, representing one of the first audio masterpieces in human history
- Thanks to the use of high-quality components and impressive design, the sound card is able to achieve an unprecedented 124dB SNR, one that is 64 times clearer than on-board audio solutions
- Integrated TI TPA6120A2 headphone driver supports headphones of up to 600Ω of impedance with less than 0.001% distortion, allowing you to drive high-quality headphones without the need for additional amplification
- ASUS uses a multi-layer PCB design to separate signal and noise, ensuring that only clean signals are passed to sensitive components
- EMI shielding seals all analog output signals from noise, facilitating distortion-free audio output
- Burr-Brown PCM 1792A Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) converts signals at a 127dB SNR
- Uses state-of-the-art etched Nichicon "Fine Gold" capacitors, delivering rich bass and clear high frequencies
- Swappable OPA sockets allow you to alter your sound color, without having to solder any components