The Canon EOS 7D boasts the latest high performance photo and video imaging capabilities for professionals and discerning image makers alike. An 18 megapixel APS-C format CMOS sensor coupled with Dual DIGIC 4 Image Processors enables fast, 8 frames per second shooting and expanded ISO 100-12800 sensitivity without compromising quality. True 1080p HD video can be recorded at either 24 or 30 frames per second for a smooth, cinematic effect. 720p and SD video are captured at either 50 or 60 frames per second, offering a superior method to capture motion. An integrated mono microphone records spontaneous audio with video, while a 3.5mm stereo input offers higher quality options for professional applications.
The 7D's all new, all cross-type, 19 point autofocus system features 5 user-selectable focusing modes. All focus points can be selected automatically or manually and programmed for priority based on the portrait or landscape orientation of the camera. Canon's latest iFCL (Intelligent Focus Color Luminosity) Metering System utilizes all 19 AF points, 63 zones, and a dual layer color sensor to analyze shooting conditions and optimize exposure.
Large and bright, the EOS 7D's Intelligent Viewfinder offers 100% viewing of the total image area and features a transparent LCD overlay to show user-selected AF points/modes, a spot metering circle, and on-demand grid lines. In addition to the optical viewfinder, Live View mode allows users to compose photos and video on the 3.0", 920,000-dot rear LCD screen. A new Dual Axis Electronic Level provides a reference to adjust the roll and pitch of the camera in 1° increments using the viewfinder or LCD.
Additional features include environmentally sealed magnesium-alloy construction, an integrated sensor cleaning system, 150,000 exposure shutter rating, and wireless TTL control of Canon EX-series Speedlite Flashes. With all this and more, the Canon EOS 7D represents the next generation of professional EOS photo and video imaging.
This kit includes the Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens.
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS Sensor and Dual DIGIC 4 Image Processors
- The EOS 7D features a Canon-designed 18.0 Megapixel APS-C size CMOS sensor that captures such a high level of resolution it's easy to crop images for enlargement without concern of losing detail. A major factor in reducing noise, the CMOS sensor assures that images shot at highest sensitivity will be remarkably smooth. Dual DIGIC 4 Image Processors ensure that images are captured, processed and saved with remarkable speed. The EOS 7D's ability to capture and process data of images shot at 18.0 Megapixels at 8 fps, as well as Face Detection Live Mode, Full HD video recording, Auto Lighting Optimizer and Lens Peripheral optimization are all possible thanks to the Dual DIGIC 4 Image Processors.
- ISO 100-6400 (expandable to 12800)
- With a broad range of ISO settings, the EOS 7D enables shooting from dawn through dusk and ensures capture of the finest detail. With enhanced, low-noise high-sensitivity optimization, shooting in situations previously possible only with flash are easier than ever before.
- Advanced Movie Mode with Manual Exposure Control and Selectable Frame Rates
The EOS 7D offers the enhanced image quality, smooth frame rates and adaptive exposure compensation necessary in a professional movie-making tool. By shooting video with a large sensor camera, it's simple to take advantage of the image characteristics intrinsic to SLR photography and not necessarily to video cameras.
In addition to a number of different recording size and frame rate modes, the EOS 7D enables easy manual control of exposure, focus and Live View features and even allows for in-camera editing. The large CMOS sensor and compatibility with over 60 lenses provide a wealth of depth-of-field options. And it's all as easy as the press of a button - the EOS 7D has a dedicated Live View/Movie Recording lever with a start/stop button that gets the shooting started fast.
Full HD Video is captured at 1920 x 1080 resolution at 30p (29.97), 24p (23.976) or 25p frames per second, for up to 4GB per clip. Movies are saved as .MOV files and can be viewed in Full HD with HDMI output. Other recording sizes include HD at 1280 x 720 (50p / 60p (59.94) fps) or SD/VGA at 640 x 480 (50p / 60p (59.94) fps).
- Intelligent Viewfinder
The EOS 7D features a phenomenal redesigned viewfinder that not only offers 100 percent coverage, 1x magnification, a 29.4° angle of view and user-controlled dioptric adjustment, it also features a newly-designed transparent LCD display which enables a number of viewfinder displays to be overlaid at the touch of a button. Whereas with other cameras the representation of AF points and metering areas are static, with the EOS 7D, they can be displayed, adjusted and hidden, in camera, with ease. This means less distraction and more clarity to view the image in its entirety.
Display options include: grid, spot metering, AF points display, hide all, zone AF, spot (single-point) AF, AF point expansion and Dual Axis Electronic Level display. The EOS 7D also features a brilliant new Dual Axis Electronic Level and tilt display that aids in achieving perfectly level shots, displaying both roll and pitch in 1° increments, either in the viewfinder or on the LCD.
- New 19-Point, All Cross-Type AF System
Canon packed its most advanced technologies into the EOS 7D's AF system. With 19 high precision, cross-type AF sensors, any of which can be selected automatically or manually, the EOS 7D is equipped to handle even the trickiest of focus situations with ease. The high-speed microcomputers in the EOS 7D use advanced algorithms that help ensure the fastest, most accurate AF performance under the widest variety of conditions.
In addition, Canon's Light Source detection AF automatically compensates the focus by taking into account artificial lighting sources and making appropriate adjustments and the EOS 7D's new Intelligent Macro focusing tracks the object or the cameras movement when shooting close-up, to ensure focus is never lost. AF modes can be customized to suit the situation, ensuring reliable focus, every time.
- iFCL Metering with 63-Zone Dual-Layer Metering Sensor
The EOS 7D features a new, 63-zone dual-layer sensor designed to complement the 19-point AF system. By taking into account the color and luminosity surrounding chosen AF points, this new system delivers an entirely new level of accuracy for better results even in difficult lighting situations.
Since the metering sensor has a color measurement function, exposure errors and focus errors caused by different light sources are minimized; the EOS 7D gives stable exposure from shot to shot in situations where light changes, such as in a theater or concert hall. This makes the EOS 7D ideal for scenes with extreme difference in brightness such as brightly lit scenes or backlit scenes; the camera balances exposure of the main subject at the background, and exposures are not overly influenced by bright areas in the shot.
- Rugged, Durable, Dust and Weather Resistant Construction
- The EOS 7D is constructed of the highest quality materials, to exacting standards to ensure unfettered performance at all times. For example, the shutter can shoot at speeds up to 1/8000 sec for 150,000 cycles; the chassis is built of lightweight and rigid magnesium, and the camera's seals are built to resist water and dust.