The US-100 from Tascam is a compact USB 2.0 computer audio interface. When plugged into an Apple or Windows computer, the US-100 acts as the computer's soundcard and features inputs for a professional microphone, a guitar, a vinyl turntable, and line-level devices like CD players and keyboards. It features durable aluminum construction, and a very budget friendly price.
The rear of the US-100 features individual inputs for either XLR or 1/4" microphones. The stereo RCA inputs can be switched between mic, line, and phono level. The phono setting allows you to attach a vinyl turntable, so you can easily digitize records into your computer. A grounding terminal for the record player is also included on the US-100 for optimum sound quality.
The aluminum construction of the US-100 is both attractive and sturdy. Its compact size makes it ideal for studio and field recording, and the USB bus powering capability means that you never have to plug it into the outlet on the wall, or fuss with a power cable.
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 audio interface
- XLR or 1/4" microphone input
- 1/4" guitar-level direct input
- RCA line inputs, switchable to RIAA photo inputs with ground lug
- 1/8" stereo headphone output
- 48kHz/16-bit audio resolution
- Zero-latency hardware monitoring
- Mac and Windows compatible
- Audacity recording software included
- Constructed with a solid aluminum case