The Fast Track from M-Audio is a USB audio interface for both Mac and Windows computers. It enables you to transform your computer into a mobile recording studio that's capable of capturing, editing, and mixing excellent sounding music. It includes Pro Tools M-Powered Essential software, which is a basic version of the software used in countless recording studios and post-production facilities around the world.
This system has been designed to be easy to use and to give you the tools you need to start making music right out of the box. The included Pro Tools M-Powered Essential software comes with Structure Essential, which is a virtual software instrument with over 60 different sounds. Several gigabytes of audio loops are also included, so you can start composing and experimenting right away.
The Fast Track has a dedicated guitar input, so you can plug in and get optimum sound quality directly into your computer. A SansAmp guitar amplifier modeling plug-in is included, so you can make your guitar or bass sound like it was played through a huge stack. The dedicated XLR microphone input works with any kind of professional microphone, including phantom powered condenser microphones.
Pro Tools has been used by professional musicians and producers for a long time, and the Fast Track is the by far the most budget-friendly way to start using and learning the industry standard music production software. It's also fully compatible with most other popular music software, such as GarageBand and Ableton Live. If you're looking for a device to get you into the world of audio production, or if you've been into producing for years and need an inexpensive interface with Pro Tools, the Fast Track is the best way to go.
Fast Track Features
- 2-input, 2-output audio interface
- Compatible with most popular recording software including Pro Tools M-Powered 8 and GarageBand
- 24-bit/48kHz professional sound quality
- Plug-and-play USB connection
- XLR microphone input with gain control and 48V phantom power
- 1/4" instrument input with gain control
- 1/4" stereo headphone output
- Improved headphone output levels
- RCA stereo speaker outputs
- Output level knob for adjusting volume of headphones and speaker outputs
- Direct monitoring button
- Powered by USB - no power adapter required
Pro Tools M-Powered Essential Features
- 16 stereo/mono audio tracks
- 8 instrument tracks
- 8 MIDI tracks
- 4 aux tracks, 4 mono busses, 1 master fader, 3 inserts per track
- 2 audio inputs / 2 audio outputs
- Effects include reverb, chorus, delay, flanger, compression, and EQ
- Includes SansAmp guitar amp and distortion modeling plug-in for easy direct guitar recording without amplifiers
- Structure Essential virtual instrument includes over 60 incredible instrument sounds
- Over 3GB of audio loops to start creating with immediately