The Kino Flo Parabeam 400 DMX Fixture With Yoke is a directional softlight ideally suited for the demands of HD television for high quality color-correct cool lighting. Every imperfection of camera talent is scrutinized now--the quality of light is more critical than ever. Traditional hard light can exaggerate textural details, but soft light can subdue the textures and produce a more flattering image. The soft beam can be focused for a variety of set lighting needs, from lighting four people across a news desk to spotting down to a single subject.
The ParaBeam 400 studio fixture produces about the same amount of light as a 2,000W tungsten light, but it only uses 1/10 as much power, and it offers lighting designers the control necessary in a studio environment--the lamps are dimmable from 100% to 5%, as well as switchable (turning on/off two lamps at a time) from a lighting board through DMX.
The light can be tilted and panned as well as rotated to take full advantage of the lateral beam. The Parabeam doesn't need long barndoors or intensifiers: the appropriate louver--90°, 60° or 45°--is more efficient than barndoors. In small studios, this narrow design allows other fixtures to operate within close proximity. This fixture is supplied for use with 120V current. The fixture is supplied with a mounting yoke.
- Lower amperage draw, energy savings
- Longer lamp life, lower lamp replacements, lower maintenance labor
- Lower operating temperature
- More efficient heat management design for stable color temperature
- Uses 5500K, 3200K and 2900K, 550nm green and 420nm blue lamps
- Full spectrum (CRI 95) lamps available in 3 color temperatures: 2900K, 3200K and 5500K
- High color rendering True Match lamps work well alongside conventional quartz lights or HMIs
- DMX control for stable color temperature and light level control
- Color gels do not burn out or fade due to lower heat of fixture
- Center mount for horizontal and vertical axis rotation, yoke and pole operation mount
- Quick ballast maintenance
- Honeycomb louvers 90°, 60° and 45° reduce the need for barndoors
- Slender design for a less crowded lighting grid
- Parabolic intensifying reflector