The XLogic Alpha-Link MADI AX & MadiXtreme 64 PCIe Card from Solid State Logic is a computer audio interface solution comprised of a fully featured, multi-channel hardware audio converter and a PCIe card that allows for the transfer of multiple channels of digital audio between MADI based equipment (converters, large consoles, broadcast servers) and a computer using the MADI standard. This system is compatible with both Mac and Windows computers and can provide analog and digital inputs and outputs to all major audio software applications including Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase/Nuendo, Digital Performer, and Sonar.
The Alpha-Link MADI AX provides high-quality twenty-four channel AD/DA converter circuitry to and from MADI and ADAT formats. Its simple front panel offers a comprehensive routing matrix used to set up global connections between the various inputs and outputs, which in turn allows all combinations possible. A headphone output is provided, as well as a comprehensive metering section for the analog inputs and outputs, an AD/DA selection button, mode indicator LEDs, and twenty-four tri-color level LEDs.
The MadiXtreme 64 utilizes SSL's PCIe Core Audio Pipeline technology which takes full advantage of the increased bandwidth and high speeds available on the PCIe bus of modern computers. The drivers allow several software applications to access the card simultaneously. The BNC word clock connector can be configured by the software as either an input or an output. 64 channels of inputs and outputs are handled with a single optical MADI connector.
Alpha-Link MADI AX
- 64 MADI digital inputs and outputs at up to 48kHz, 28 or 32 MADI digital inputs and outputs at up to 96kHz
- 24 analogue inputs and outputs with SSL enhanced AD DA at up to 96kHz on D-Sub connectors (for use with D-Sub to XLR looms)
- Word/SuperClock input and output
- Video Sync input functionality for the WordClock input: the Video Sync. signal can be converted to WordClock internally and transmitted via the WordClock output
- MIDI input and output
- Connects to Mixpander via Expansion Bus port
- All input and output channels can be used simultaneously in any configuration
- Comprehensive input/output routing & mode selection matrix
- Analogue input/output metering via 24 tricolor LEDs
- PCIe half-length card, single-lane PCIe v1.1-3.0
- 1x MADI I/O (optical)
- Channel count: 56/64 Ch@44.1/48k, 28/32 Ch@88.2/96k, 14/16 Ch@176.4/192k
- 1x Wordclock Connector (Software controlled as Input or Output)