This kit is presented by B&H as the ideal solution for the outdoor enthusiast buying a new Nikon Telephoto AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G AF-S ED-IF VR (Vibration Reduction) Autofocus Lens. In addition to the lens, this kit includes 2 dedicated LensCoat Lens Covers in the Realtree Max4 HD camouflage pattern. This pattern offers maximum effectiveness in open terrain. It covers the lens with a 100% closed-cell neoprene coat, also offering protection from bumps, jars and nicks. One of the covers is designed to fully protect the lens when not in use. It simply slides over the lens, and closes with a secure touch-tab fastener. This cover is designed for use with the lens hood in the reverse position. The other cover is used to protect the lens when in use. Also included is the Hoodie (in same color), which is a neoprene hood cover that fits easily and snugly around your lens hood in either the shooting position or reversed.
The Nikon Telephoto AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR Lens features the improved Vibration Reduction (VR II) system that allows handheld telephoto shooting, even in less-than-ideally lit conditions. The VR system minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed of about 4 stops faster. In addition, this lens also features the Tripod Detection mode, which reduces vibration that may occur due to shutter release when mounted on a tripod.
- Tripod Detection mode reduces vibration that may occur due to shutter release when mounted on a tripod.
- Magnesium die-cast lightweight barrel and professional-grade dust and moisture resistance.
- Improved M/A mode provides instant and fast switching from autofocus to manual focus with nearly no time lag, even during tracking autofocus.
- Three ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass elements restrict chromatic aberrations to a minimum, while enhancing color, sharpness and contrast, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat and a meniscus protective glass element combine to further reduce ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
- 9-bladed aperture diaphragm assures brilliant rendition of out-of-focus highlights.
- The LensCoat Lens Cover provides protection of the lens while in use. It also provides a thermal barrier, protecting your hands from a cold lens in lower temperatures.
- The LensCoat TravelCoat Lens Cover is designed to fully protect the lens when not in use. It simply slides over the lens, and closes with a secure touch-tab fastener. This cover is designed for use when the lens hood is in the reverse position
- The LensCoat XXXX-Large Hoodie Lens Hood Cover is a neoprene hood cover that fits easily and snugly around your lens hood. This can help to protect the front element of your lens from dirt, dust, moisture and impact.