The US-2000 from Tascam is a high-speed multi-channel USB 2.0 audio interface that's compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. It provides 16 inputs and 4 outputs in a single rack space, with both analog and digital audio I/O. Every input and output has a dedicated 5-segment LED meter on the front panel (a total of 100 LEDs), so you can always keep an eye on your audio signals.
The 6 line-level 1/4" TRS inputs on the rear of the US-2000 can be used simultaneously with all of the XLR inputs, and the digital S/PDIF inputs. The power to record 16 inputs at the same time makes the US-2000 an excellent interface for recording large groups of musicians, multiple sources on a video or film set, etc. Phantom power is engaged in pairs on the US-2000, and it's provided on all 8 of the XLR inputs. You can adjust the volume levels of the headphone output and the main outputs separately.
The included Cubase LE4 is a powerful audio and MIDI recording application that allows you to record and mix up to 48 audio tracks and 64 MIDI tracks. You can automate your mixes, sweeten the sound with an included assortment of plug-ins, and create elaborate MIDI sequences. Like the US-2000, Cubase LE4 is also fully compatible with both Windows and Mac computers.
- 16-in / 4-out USB 2.0 audio interface
- 96kHz / 24-bit audio resolution
- 8 XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
- 6 TRS 1/4" balanced line inputs
- 4 TRS 1/4" balanced line outputs
- 2 instrument inputs (channels 7 & 8 on front panel "combi" jacks)
- Stereo S/PDIF digital in and out
- 100-LED meter bridge (5 segments for each input and output)
- Zero-latency direct monitoring with mono/stereo switch for each pair of inputs
- 1/4" balanced stereo monitor output with its own volume control
- 1/4" stereo high-powered headphone output
- Mac and Windows compatible
- Attractive aluminum case design
- 48-track recording software
- Digital mixing with plug-ins and automation
- MIDI sequencing, notation layout and much more