The Casio Exilim EX-G1 (Red) Digital Camera is High Endurance Extreme Shooting Gear designed to fit your active lifestyle. This slim-line camera is designed to take a beating and still take amazing images and video. The camera's two-layer construction has an outer body made from stainless-steel to withstand shock, and a waterproof inner body made from polycarbonate. There is also a rotating lock for the external memory slot cover and the strap holder is made of die-cast zinc, all of which make this tough little camera waterproof, dust-proof, freeze-proof and shock-resistant.
The camera features many Best Shot Modes, including an Underwater setting to keep underwater photos from looking too blue. There is also an interval shooting function that can be set at 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, or 3 minutes. The capture time for movies can be set at 3, 10, 20, or 30 minutes. This is perfect for capturing images of action sports including cycling, snowboarding, and wind surfing.
All of these features, along with the 12.1MP resolution, 3X optical zoom, 2.5" LCD screen, and 16:9 wide-format movie mode make this camera perfect for an active lifestyle.
- The camera meets the IEC/JIS Protection Class 8 (IPX8) and Protection Class 6 (IPX6) waterproofing standards. The camera can be used underwater up to 10' (3m) for 60 continuous minutes. Water will not penetrate the camera even when directly sprayed with jets of water from every direction.
- Shock Resistant
- You can drop your camera multiple times from a height of 7' (2.13m) without damage.
- You can take photos in the desert or the beach without worrying about your camera, since it is dust-proof with an IEC/JIS Protection Class 6 (IP6X) rating.
- Take photos at the North or South Pole, or anywhere the temperatures are down to 14°F (-10°C).
- Best Shot Modes
- The Best Shot function enables users to take beautiful photos by selecting the desired subject scene. The EX-G1 includes Best Shot settings suitable for various outdoor situations, such as "snow" and "beach" scene settings, which automatically adjust to prevent overexposure. There is also an "underwater" setting to prevent your underwater photos from looking to blue.
- Best Shot Interval Shooting
- The interval shooting function allows users to automatically take still photos or movies at fixed intervals. The shooting interval can be set at 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, or 3 minutes. Movies maybe set at 3, 10, 20, or 30 minutes.
- Face Detection
- The camera can detect faces automatically and adjusts for optimum focus and brightness to optimize the appearance of the faces in your image. The camera even follows the movement of moving subjects, which simplifies shooting images of active kids and pets.