The HDX-SDI SDI, HDMI Analog Video Interface for Laptops from MOTU is a professional video capture and monitoring solution for your Mac computer with support for uncompressed HD and SD, Apple ProRes, and many other popular workflows. The solution uses an ExpressCard slot to turn your laptop computer into a powerful HD/SD video production workstation equipped with multiple I/O options. The unit features Mac and PC drivers, both 32 and 64 bit, and is compatible with Final Cut and Media Composer on the Mac and with Premiere on a PC.
Connect to any source from SD camcorders to today's latest professional HD cameras, then log and capture HD or SD clips directly into your video editing software. It supports capture of uncompressed video via HD-SDI or HDMI with 4:2:2 10-bit color depth and full-raster 1920 x 1080 HD resolution. It is also compatible with many cameras ability to feed uncompressed SDI, HDMI, or component output directly from the camera's optics and imager before compression for pristine picture quality during capture.
If you prefer to edit more conveniently at a lower data rate, use Apple ProRes, ProRes HQ, or the codec of your choice in Apple Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro. Because this solution delivers 10-bit uncompressed video to the computer, you are not limited to a particular codec and are free to use the host-based workflow of your choice, including many popular file-based formats now supported by today's industry-standard video editing software. Using a codec directly supported by your editing software allows you to eliminate unnecessary extra stages of compression and decompression for maximum CPU efficiency and smooth editing.
Monitor your timeline with pixel-for-pixel accuracy on a large plasma screen via digital HDMI output with color-corrected balance on an LCD reference monitor via HD-SDI output or with the real-world look of a consumer display via analog HD or SD component, composite, or S-video output. Capture and monitor up to 16 channels of audio (analog, AES/EBU, or embedded) at sample rates up to 96KHz. Employ Sony 9-pin machine control for advanced Batch Capture and Edit to Tape operations. You can also keep everything frame-accurate using time code and video reference.
- HD/SD ExpressCard video interface for Mac and PC provides HD and SD capture and playback for any current-generation ExpressCard-equipped computer
- Connects to a Mac or PC laptop via ExpressCard connectivity for mobile operation
- Comprehensive video capture & monitoring supports all standard SD and HD video formats up to and including 1080p30 (720p, 1080i, 1080p & 1080PsF)
- Captures and plays uncompressed HD and SD 10-bit 4:2:2 color depth and 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Capture and monitor full-raster (1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720) Apple ProRes, ProRes HQ, or other popular host-based codecs supported by Apple Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Support for file-based workflows lets you capture, edit, and monitor in any codec supported natively in Final Cut or Premiere, with no transcoding needed
- Broadcast quality 10-bit 4:2:2 signal path throughout
- ASC CDL color grading provides flexible, industry-standard color adjustment with separate settings for capture and playback
- HDMI capture and monitoring provides both HDMI in and out
- Advanced sync features include time code, large front panel time code display, video ref input, and 9-pin machine control
- Capture or monitor up to 16 channels of audio via any two 8-channel banks of TRS analog, AES/EBU digital, or embedded (SDI or HDMI) at sample rates up to 96kHz
- Offers professional rackmount operation, or remove the rack-mount brackets for convenient desktop use
- International operation is made possible with an auto-switching internal power supply with powersave mode