Preserve those breathtaking views - the FSA L-2 Digital SLR Camera Adapter from Nikon converts the EDG Fieldscope into a powerful telephoto lens for use with a Nikon DSLR.
The FSA-L2 features a bright, crisp, and accurate optical system with fully multilayer-coated lenses. An integral 3.5x zoom feature allows the viewer to magnify the scene significantly - with an EDG 85 mm Fieldscope the system tops out at 35x/1750 mm, while the EDG 65mm scope becomes 28x/1400 mm.
When assembled, the focusing is done manually on the Fieldscope, while the exposure is set automatically by the camera.
- Optical Performance
- Integral 3.5x vari-magnification zoom
- Fully multicoated optics for brighter clearer imagery
- Focal Length w/ EDG 65 mm Fieldscope: FX - 400 to 1400 mm / DX - 600 to 2100 mm
- Focal length w/ EDG 85 mm Fieldscope: FX - 500 to 1750 mm / DX - 750 to 2625 mm
- Use and Handling
- Connects Nikon's EDG Fieldscope with Nikon's DSLR cameras
- Manual focusing only via the Fieldscope's knurled focusing ring
- Compatible with Center-Weighted metering in Metered-Manual and Aperture-Priority exposure modes
- While the zoom feature varies the actual focal length and f/stop, the camera's display/image data will read 800 mm @ f/13
- FX-Format/EDG Fieldscope 85/85-A: system vignettes between 500/750 mm
- FX-Format/EDG Fieldscope 65/65-A: system vignettes between 400/600 mm
- Nikon F-mount
- Exterior cosmetics compliment DSLR/Fieldscope's design, color, form
- Rubberized knurled focusing ring for a sure grip and accurate focusing