Cullmann's Magnesit 525M Aluminum Tripod has the unique ability to allow users to convert its center column into an adjustable monopod with a maximum height of 61" (154.94cm). The 525M is made from Aluminum and is called Magnesit because of its extensive use of Magnesium in the casings and fittings. Magnesium is a light metal, helping to keep its leg weight to 4 lb (1.81 kg) and overall weight of 5.3 lb (2.4 kg).
The Magnesit 525M reaches a maximum height of just over 66.5" (169.0cm) and with its independent leg spread and 2-part center column it can operate at a very low working height of 7.1" (18cm). It comes with a 3-way panhead and the 525M's crown has a special design which mates with Cullmann's Magnesit Nm series ball heads in a locking, 100% secure fashion.
The 525M's versatility makes it great for use with SLR cameras with typical lenses and camcorders serious enthusiasts would use.
- Center column converts to monopod when removed from tripod
- Magnesium and aluminum alloy combination
- 3-way panhead features ergonomically shaped handles, precision scale for clean positioning, as well as the Cullmann sturdy quick release coupling
- Foam-padded upper leg segments ease handling in cold and carrying upon shoulder
- Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column allow excellent minimum working height
- Retractable spikes for use upon soft ground
- Crown designed with ridges that perfectly mate to underside of Cullmann's Magnesit ball heads
- Weight hook at bottom of center column for aided stability
- Maximum upper leg diameter of 0.98" (2.5cm)