The Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Lens is a large-aperture lens with a maximum f/stop of f/2.8 in wide angle setting. The large zoom range of this 4x zoom lens is equivalent to the angle of view of a 27-112mm lens in the 35mm format. It is ideal as an everyday large-aperture lens. In addition, the minimum focus distance of 8.7" along with the maximum magnification of 1:2.7 also makes the lens perfect for close-up photography.
Optical Stabilization (OS) anti-shake technology allows you to use shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible, without motion blur. This anti-shake technology, along with the fast f/2.8 to 4 aperture, makes this lens perfect for shooting in low light without a tripod.
The lens' Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) also ensures a quiet and high-speed auto focus, while its rounded, seven-blade diaphragm creates an attractive blur when shooting at wide apertures. The inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using the supplied petal-type lens hood and circular polarizing filters.
DC lenses are exclusively designed for digital SLR cameras. The image circle (rear of lens) is made to match the smaller dimensions used for the image sensor on digital cameras. As a result these lenses are also more compact and lightweight, and are better matched to digital SLR cameras.
Note! Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras or for any digital SLR camera with image sensor bigger than APS-C size, e.g. Canon 1D series
- DC lenses are designed for digital SLR cameras with APS-C size chips
- Large 4x zoom range gives this lens an equivalent range of 27-112mm in the 35mm format
- Optical Stabilization (OS), anti-shake technology allows use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible, without motion blur
- Fast f/2.8-4 aperture makes this lens perfect for low light
- With a minimum focus distance of 8.7" along with the maximum magnification of 1:2.7 the lens is perfect for close-up photography
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) also ensures a quiet and high-speed auto focus