The Plustek OpticFilm 7600i Ai Scanner has a 7200dpi sensor and produces a 7200dpi file natively. It also has a lower resolution mode -- 3600dpi -- in which only half of the pixel sites are used. So the hardware resolution is user-selectable between 3600 and 7200dpi. Scanning at a resolution lower than 3600dpi will still result in scanning at 3600dpi, and then the software interpolates the resolution down. The scanner's light source comes from a white LED which makes images vivid and dimensional.
The OpticFilm 7600i Ai scans at 48-bit color for extremely accurate and vibrant color images that retain subtle details in the highlight and shadow areas of the scanned image. To minimize noise, the scanner's multi-sampling function makes 4 scan passes that are averaged together so image noise is cancelled out. It has a multi-exposure function that is utilized with negative film or slides to provide improved shadow & highlight detail and provide images with richness and depth that makes your pictures look as if they are three-dimensional.
To achieve high-quality images in under a minute, the 7600i Ai comes with the amazing SilverFast Ai Studio iSRD + MultiExposure software bundle. It includes the iT8 Calibration target which allows users to obtain accurate colors and generates ICC-profile by just one click, and New Soft Presto! ImageFolio 4.5, a comprehensive multimedia image-processing program that allows you to create new images by using a set of image-editing tools and quickly create new images or enhance pre-existing ones.
Also included is New Soft Presto! PageManager 7.10, a powerful document management software for OCR, PDF creation, or format conversion to Microsoft Word or Excel, and the LaserSoft SilverFast Ai Studio iSRD + MultiExposure software bundle, a world class professional scan software equipped with iSRD (Infrared Smart Removal of Defect), which utilizes a combination of hardware and software to automatically eliminate minor flaws, such as dust and scratches, using an infrared channel to detect the flaws.
OpticFilm 7600i Ai's outstanding performance makes it a great solution for photographers, photo amateurs, archivists and image lovers.
- Scan Slides and Negatives
- Two film holders are provided--one is for holding up to four mounted slides, the other is for filmstrips up to 6 frames. The film holders have the added benefit of protecting the film from the scanner mechanisms because there is no physical contact with the media during scanning process.
- Multiple Sampling Function
- The Plustek multi-sampling function minimizes image noise by making 4 sequential scans for your slide or negative, which are then averaged together in order to cancel out the inconsistencies that are present due to image noise.
- Multi-Exposure Function
- The multi-exposure function can be utilized with negative film and slides to provide improved shadow & highlight detail and provide images with a richness and depth that makes your pictures look as if they are three dimensional.
- iSRD Dust & Scratch Removal
- SilverFast iSRD (Infrared Smart Removal of Defect) uses a combination of hardware and software to automatically eliminate minor flaws, such as dust and scratches. Two modes are available - in the Automatic mode, SilverFast iSRD operates completely on its own and applies corrected result to the entire scanned frame. In manual mode, the user can select certain area(s) to work on, and leave the rest untouched. The SilverFast iSRD system does not soften or blur the scanned file and provides the user with an enhanced genuine image.
- SilverFast Ai Studio IT8 (Multi-Exposure)
- SilverFast Ai Studio IT8 (Multi-Exposure) calibration software allows you to generate ICC color profiles. Using this feature, you can calibrate your scanner using a standard color target which LaserSoft Imaging supplies to you. SilverFast will not only generate a profile, it will also generate its own internal calibration based on the target. This allows enhanced color accuracy.
- USB 2.0 High Speed Connection
- Providing a high speed connection to your computer, the USB 2.0 interface allows the scanner to operate quickly and seamlessly with your PC.
- SilverFast 6.6 Ai Studio iSRD + MultiExposure
SilverFast is a world class professional scan software, with the stand-alone SilverFast Launcher and TWAIN Plug-in applications. It provides casual users and professionals with a powerful tool for scanning, editing, and color reproduction.
SilverFast 6.6 Ai Studio iSRD + MultiExposure comes with more powerful functions featuring Multi-Exposure, SilverFast Basic, AACO, iSRD, SRD, Auto-Adjust, USM, SCC, NegaFix, and many other advance features.
- NewSoft Presto! ImageFolio 4.5
ImageFolio is a comprehensive multimedia image-processing program. You can create new images by using the ImageFolio's powerful tools. This sophisticated set of image-editing tools enables you to quickly create new images or enhance pre-existing ones.
- Complete image-tuning functions
- Easy to manage and preview image files
- TWAIN interface support for automatic fine-tuning during scanning
- Monitor Gamma adjustment
- Supports TIF, PCX, BMP, TGA, JPG, PCD, WMF, and PNG file format (PC)
- NewSoft Presto! PageManager 7.10
NewSoft Presto! PageManager 7.10 is powerful document management software for OCR, PDF creation, or format conversion to Microsoft Word or Excel. TWAIN-Express makes it easy to connect with your scanner.
- Built-in award-winning OCR
- Supports over 100 popular applications
- Unlimited nested folders to easily organize files
- Full-text search with adjustable fuzzy logic and index search
- Easy image editing QuickFix tools with real-time preview
- New annotation tools include sticky notes and rubber stamps
- Share photos via e-mail easily with Presto! Wrapper
- Share photos via the Internet by connecting to PhotoNet
- Works with any TWAIN scanner
- Includes Carrying Bag
- The included padded carrying bag is specially designed for the film scanner with a main compartment that accommodates the scanner, power adapter and USB cord. The case comes with an easy-to-grip handle for hand carry, and features a touch-fastener secured pocket to house film holders.