The Redrock Micro microMatteBox Standard Bundle is a universal matte box system that accommodates any lens – whether camcorder, film camera, DSLR, or 35mm lens adapter. With its convenient swing-away design, this cinema-grade lens attachment allows the use of 4x4" and 4x5.65" professional filters that can rotate 360° or be easily swapped out for different looks. Everything on the microMatteBox can be easily locked, adjusted, or simply removed.
Configurability is key, and not only of filters: optional Redrock accessories include the 15mm microSupport system as well as flags and additional filter stages. And since the microMatteBox uses industry-standard support and filter sizes, it's completely compatible with existing 15mm and 19mm rod/rail systems. (The optional Redrock Micro 19mm/15mm Studio Support Arm accommodates 19mm systems.) With its high-quality design and affordability, the microMatteBox system is built for productions small, large, or anywhere in between.
Note! The microMatteBox Standard Bundle does not come with support rods, baseplate, filters, or flags, which are available separately.
- Universal matte box: works with videocameras, 35mm lens adapters, and motion-picture film cameras
- Widescreen format shade
- Flattened shade design for wide-angle lenses
- Interchangeable mattes
- Swing-away design – a first for this price range
- Industry-standard support for 15mm rods
- Separate locking knobs for filter position and filter rotation
- Metal filter trays with spring-loaded filter locks
- All filter stages rotate 360° and support up to 5.65" square filter trays
- Dual-purpose filter tray for 4x4" and 4x5.65" filters. Additional tray options will be available to support up to 5.65" square filters
- Unique stackable stage design: add or remove stages to exactly meet your configuration needs
- All-metal construction (lens shade and lens adapter: high-impact ABS)
- Adaptable to various lens sizes (lens opening with lens connector: 140mm, without: 155mm). Four neoprene donuts fit lenses of varying diameters. (Diameter of donut openings: 51mm, 64mm, 76mm, and 102mm. Additional sizes can be cut from supplied donuts)
- Height from center of rods to center of matte box: 85mm (industry-standard height) with +/- 10mm adjustment
- Compatible with Arri filter trays and Arri bellows (with optional Arri bellows adapter)