The US-800 from Tascam is a compact and portable USB 2.0 audio and MIDI interface for both Mac and Windows computers. It enables you to record up to 8 channels simultaneously, and it also acts as a stand-alone multi-channel microphone preamp when not attached to a computer. The US-800 is really lightweight and a great choice for mobile recording with a laptop.
All of its 6 microphone inputs can provide +48 volts of phantom power to condenser microphones. Six of the channels feature a 2-segment LED meter to help you avoid clipping. If you have any equipment with digital connections, you can take advantage of the US-800's coaxial S/PDIF digital input and output. The main analog outs of the US-800 are stereo RCA jacks. Both 1/4" and 1/8" headphone outputs are available on the front panel.
- 8-in/4-out USB 2.0 Audio/MIDI interface
- 6 XLR & 1/4" mic/line combo inputs with phantom power
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit audio resolution
- Lightweight design for mobile or desktop use
- S/PDIF coaxial digital input and output
- Stereo RCA analog output for monitoring
- Standalone only mode for use as microphone preamp
- 2-segment LED metering for each analog input
- 1/4" and 1/8" stereo headphone outputs
- 16-channel MIDI input and output
- Includes Cubase LE 48-track recording software