Both the public and the critics alike have been raving about the 1000 watt Onkyo HT-S5300 7.1 Channel Home Theater System. You can plug in a DVD or Blu-ray player and get great audio and video from either one.
This home theater is also ideal if you already have a DVD player and want to upgrade to a Blu-ray player at some point. That's because it has four HDMI version 1.4a jacks–three in and one out. The 1.4a spec is the very latest version of the high-definition audio/video cable. Your HDMI will work fine with your DVD player now and your Blu-ray player in the future.
The S5300 even supports 3-D HD! So this home theater can take you from DVDs to HD-3D without skipping a beat. (For 3-D you'll also need a 3-D capable TV, 3-D discs or programming and 3-D glasses, all available separately.)
Your S5300 also includes audio return channel (ARC). That means that in addition to the SS5300 sending HDMI signals to your TV set, the TV can send signals back to your S5300. For example, if your cable TV service connects to your TV set via a CableCARD, the audio and video go directly to your TV with no cable box. To get the best possible audio you need a way to get the sound from your TV into your S5300. With a single HDMI 1.4a cable you can do exactly that.
Your S5300 has audio power to match its video prowess. Its built-in 32 – 192 kHz/16/20/24-bit digital-to-analog converter offers exceptional multi-channel audio conversion. And it has powerful surround sound processors from Dolby and DTS to create an immersive sound field you have to hear to believe.
Onkyo has also developed some audio enhancers of its own. For example there's a "Late Night" function that reduces the dynamic range of Dolby Digital audio so you can still hear the quiet parts of the audio even if you've lowered the volume, as you would while watching a movie late at night. There's also a Music Optimizer that makes highly compressed MP3 files sound better.
Among the ten Onkyo Original digital signal processing modes are four game modes: RPG (role playing games), Action, Rock and Sports.
If you enjoy listening to radio you'll love your S5300. It's got both AM and FM tuners and 40 station presets you can divide up anyway you want. You can make them all AM, all FM or any combination you desire. Onkyo even includes antennas for both bands.
The S5300 is even expandable. It has a Universal Port into which you can plug the included iPod dock and listen to all of your portable music on your big system. The Universal port can also accept and HD Radio receiver, which will open a whole new array of programming from local stations that broadcast HD programming.
Whether you intend to connect it to a DVD player, Blu-ray player or just listen to the radio, the HT-S5300 7.1 Channel Home Theater System is a system you can enjoy as soon as you set it up and for many years to come.
- 1000 Watts of 7.1 Channel Surround Sound Audio Power
- Replicate the theater experience in your own home by immersing yourself in 7.1 channel surround sound. You can position the speakers throughout your space to bring your favorite music and movies to life with heart pounding soul stirring cinematic sound, transforming your living room into the ultimate home theater.
- Four HDMI 1.4a Inputs and One HDMI 1.4a Output
- With the latest HDMI version your S5300 can process great video, whether it's from broadcast, cable, satellite, DVD or Blu-ray disc. You can plug-in your current DVD player and when you treat yourself to a Blu-ray player your SS5300 will continue to pump out great images seamlessly.
- x.v.Color/Deep Color For a Smoother Picture
- Your S5300 is capable of capable of passing x.v.Color/Deep Color between compatible devices via HDMI 1.4a. The result is exceptionally rich, vibrant colors, with smooth, detailed gradation. In fact it can pass along literally billions of colors so there's no color banding that can occur even in high definition programming.
- You Can Enjoy 5.1 Channel Sound While Second Room Listeners Enjoy Another Source in Stereo
- If you don't mind turning your 7.1 system into a 5.1 system system you can place speakers in another room and use them as a second pair of stereo speakers. When you're not sending stereo to the second room (Zone 2) you can revert back to 7.1 channels in your main room.
- Enjoy an Incredible Array of Sound Processors
- After poring over the manual we still aren't sure exactly how many different codecs Onkyo has stuffed into this modest looking box. Let's see we know it definitely has multiple surround processors from Dolby, DTS and Audyssey. But then Onkyo lists ten of their own like T-D (Theater-Dimensional), which lets you enjoy a surround sound effect even if you have only two or three speakers set up. And then there are "functions" that can be used in tandem with some or all of the surround sound codecs: Late Night, Music Optimizer, Extended Bass and CinemaFILTER.
- Crossover Adjustment Allows You to Determine Which Frequencies the Subwoofer Handles
- The Subwoofer reproduces those deep, boomy low frequencies but at what frequency does the CS5330 send the audio to the subwoofer? It's your decision; you can choose among 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150 or 200 Hz.
- Universal Port For Included iPod Dock or Optional HD Radio Receiver.
- Your S5300 is compatible with all current iPhone models and many recent iPod models, from the iPod Classic to the iPod nano 5th generation. Just plug them into the included iPod/iPhone jack. If you want to experience HD Radio you can purchase the Onkyo HD Radio receiver, which also plugs into you S5300's Universal Port. HD Radio is an additional signal that both AM and FM stations can include along with their convention broadcasts. The content can be anything from news to music to "tags" that can tell you the title and artist of a song that's playing. Tags also make it easier to buy the song from the iTunes store.