The Canon PowerShot SX210 IS Digital Camera (Black) combines high-resolution,14.1MP imaging with a wide-range (28-392mm equivalent), optically stabilized 14x UA (Ultra High Refractive Index Aspherical) zoom lens that packs wide-angle to super-telephoto shooting capability in a snazzy little package.
Canon's PowerShot SX210 captures still images in a choice of 12 JPEG file sizes (including 2 @ 16:9) as well as HD 720p(1280x720) video clips (with stereo sound) up to 60 minutes (or 4GB per clip) as well as 640x480 @ 30 fps and 320x240 @ 30 fps for lower-resolution applications. And when shooting hand-held, walkabout video, the SX210 takes advantage of Canon's Dynamic mode to dampen the bumps along the way.
For hassle-free shooting, Canon's Smart AUTO mode automatically analyzes the scene and sets the best exposure based on 22 predefined shooting situations. For shooting under low lighting conditions, the ISO sensitivity of the PowerShot SX210 IS can be dialed up to 1600, and when shooting in Low Light mode, expanded as high as an equivalent of ISO 6400.
Other image-enhancing features found on the Canon PowerShot SX210 IS include Servo AF/AE Focus Tracking, which kicks in when you press the shutter-button halfway, a Smart Flash Exposure System, a DIGIC 4 image processor, 'Miniature' and 'Fisheye' filters, Intelligent Contrast Correction, Motion Detection Technology, Face Detection Self-timer, Red-eye Correction, Advanced AF/AE/FE/WB Face Detection, and a Face Detection Self-timer that enables you to get your own smiling face into family portraits.
The Canon PowerShot SX210 IS records images onto your choice of SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus memory cards (up to 16GB) and powers off a rechargeable NB-5L lithium-ion battery, which is good for about 260 images-per-charge, or about 6 hours of playback time.
- 14.1 Megapixel Resolution Generates High Quality 16.5" x 23.4" Prints
- With 14.1 Megapixels, the PowerShot SX210 IS Digital ELPH provides amazing image resolution, catching the truly exquisite details that will make your photography top-notch. The PowerShot SX210 IS Digital ELPH is the very image of photography at its best, featuring megapixels that are among the highest resolution of the Digital ELPH series to capture every detail of the world around you. There's never been a better time to think big, knowing that every enlargement will be sharper and more full of life than you've ever experienced before.
- Powerful 14x (28-392mm Equivalent) Optical Zoom With Optical Image Stabilizer
- With the PowerShot SX210 IS's powerful 14x Optical Zoom (28-392mm equivalent), you'll get up-close fast, handy at sports and school events as well as everyday creative shooting. And with Optical Image Stabilizer, camera shake is greatly reduced even when shooting while walking, helping to ensure clarity and acuity in all your images.
- HD Shooting Capability at 720p With Stereo Sound and HDMI Output for Playback of Video and Photos
The PowerShot SX210 IS lets you record video in beautiful high definition (1280 x 720 pixels). The camera also makes it easy to enjoy HD movies (and still photos) on your HDTV with a mini-HDMI connector for direct connection to a high-definition TV monitor. You'll enjoy the HD experience with no degradation of image or audio in the signal, plus the ability to display up to 130 still images at once.
The PowerShot SX210 IS also includes spectacular movie functionality. With the Movie button, simply push and you can start shooting video and never miss the perfect moment. When shooting movies, you can get up close with the 14x Optical Zoom for riveting detail and realism, from the overall appearance to facial expressions! And the camera's Smart AUTO technology that helps ensure the perfect still image works to bring that same quality to your movies.
- Large 3"-Wide PureColor System LCD With High Resolution and Wide Viewing Angle.
- The PowerShot SX210 IS's high resolution (230,400 dots) 3.0-inch wide PureColor System LCD gives you the big picture, whether you're shooting, reviewing or showing off your images. This high-resolution screen offers a crisp, clear picture to make shooting, playback and using the camera's menu functions especially convenient. Clear and bright, it features Night Display for easy viewing in low light.
- Smart AUTO Mode Selects the Right Settings for 22 Predefined Situations
- Just set the Canon PowerShot SX210 IS to Smart AUTO and you're ready for maximum enjoyment from your picture taking every time. It's a relaxing and satisfying way to shoot because you can completely concentrate on your subject knowing that the camera has the technical details covered. Advanced Canon technology intelligently analyzes your situation and shooting conditions. Then it automatically selects an appropriate setting from 22 specially defined settings. So whether you're photographing flowers, a captivating sunset, or your friends at the park, you can be confident that you're getting dramatic, memorable images.
- Manual Controls
- This camera allows you to take full control over your image-taking experience. You can use manual focus, manual exposure control, and manual flash settings (3 levels).
- Servo AF/AE Continues to Focus and Track Subject While Shutter is Pressed.
In PowerShot SX210 IS's Servo AF mode, Auto Exposure (AE) functionality is linked to the Auto Focus (AF) frame, creating a sophisticated Servo AF/AE that delivers sharp focus and proper exposure of subjects on the move.
Now you can wait for the shot you want, with no need to reframe and refocus. With the shutter button pressed halfway, Servo AF/AE will continue to focus and track your subject as the moment you want to capture approaches. Press the shutter fully, and you've got your shot - with tight focus and perfectly calibrated exposure.
- Bring Creativity to Your Photos With New Scene Modes Such as Miniature Effect and Fisheye Effect.
- The Canon PowerShot SX210 IS Digital ELPH offers creative effects similar to those found in certain professional lenses. Miniature Effect creates an illusion where very large objects appear in miniature proportions. Turn soaring cityscapes into a scene in seemingly dollhouse-like proportions. Fisheye Effect uses barrel distortion to warp the image around the center, giving a distinctive curvature effect to the photo. The curvilinear images produced by Fisheye Effect can suggest the curve of the Earth, the inside of a dome, or the image you see through the peephole of a door.
- New Smart Shutter Technology Automatically Takes a Picture When the Subject Smiles or Winks.
- The Canon PowerShot SX210 IS also has Smart Shutter technology, which detects faces in the scene and releases the shutter automatically in response to the appearance of an additional face, or when a smile or sassy wink occurs. These technologies help to make your photography less rushed and more natural, so getting the perfect shot is even easier.
- Smart Flash Exposure Makes Natural-Looking Photos With Flash in Difficult Situations.
- Smart Flash Exposure is a technology that can produce excellent flash exposures across a wide range of conditions, and helps ensure against over- or under-exposed images. The detail and color of your photo remain intact and truer to life even in challenging lighting.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor Tracks Faces of Moving Subjects
- Canon's most advanced image processor, DIGIC 4, delivers evolved Face Detection Technology that keeps every face in every photo looking its very best. The technology finds and tracks the faces of moving subjects until you're ready to shoot, then delivers perfect focus. In addition, exposure, flash and white balance are compensated, so that faces exhibit natural skin tones and backgrounds are properly exposed.
- iSAPS Technology
- This is an entirely original scene-recognition technology developed for digital cameras by Canon. Using an internal database of thousands of different photos, iSAPS works with the advanced DIGIC 4 Image Processor to improve focus speed and accuracy, as well as exposure and white balance.
- Shoot in Low Light Mode for Dimly Lit Situations
- With an ISO of 400 - 6400, the Low Light mode takes the Canon PowerShot SX210 IS boldly into the shadows! Now even scenes notorious for having insufficient light, such as those lit by candles, fire, or street lamp, come through in fantastic color and clarity, with less noise. You can keep the feel of the scene intact without adding additional light, so the result will be scenes with the visual accuracy, depth and clarity you expect from a Canon camera.
- Face Detection Self-timer
- Automatically detects an increase in the number of faces and makes the appropriate adjustments. For instance, to include the photographer's face in a group shot, there's no need to rush in. Just put the camera on a stand or tripod, specify Face Detection Self-timer, and the camera will wait for the photographer's face to get on-camera before it takes the shot. Motion Detection tracks moving subjects in a much larger range, and the Servo AF retains focus on a moving subject after the shutter button is pressed halfway - allowing you to wait for the perfect shot without refocusing.
- Intelligent Contrast Correction
- DIGIC 4 also makes possible the i-Contrast (Intelligent Contrast Correction) system, which controls the compensation level in pixel units to brighten dark areas while leaving bright areas unchanged for better images where the main subject is dark, and more natural transition. The PowerShot SX210 IS can even use i-Contrast in playback mode to adjust images that were shot without the setting activated.