The Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS Digital ELPH Camera (Silver) features a 12.1MP CCD imaging sensor and an optically stabilized 4x UA (Ultra High Refractive Index Aspherical) zoom lens, which covers an equivalent focal range of 28-112mm without compromising the narrow profile Canon Digital EPLHs are known for. And for composing, reviewing, and editing your photos, the SD1300 IS features a bright 2.7" (230,000-dot) PureColor System LCD.
Canon's PowerShot SD1300 captures still images in a choice of 6 JPEG file sizes (including 16:9) as well as AVI video clips up to 60 minutes (or 4GB per clip) with mono sound.
For fuss-free shooting, Canon's Smart AUTO mode automatically analyzes the scene and sets the best exposure based on 18 predefined shooting situations. For shooting under low lighting conditions, the ISO sensitivity of the PowerShot SD1300 IS can be dialed up to 1600, and when shooting in Low Light mode, expanded as high as an equivalent of ISO 6400.
Other image enhancing features found on the Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS include a DIGIC 4 image processor, Intelligent Contrast Correction, Motion Detection Technology, Face Detection Self-timer, Red-eye Correction, AF/AE/FE/WB Face Detection, and a Face Detection Self-timer that enables you to get your own smiling face into family portraits.
The Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS records images onto your choice of SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus memory cards up to 16GB (not included) and powers off a rechargeable NB-6L lithium-ion battery, which is good for about 240 images-per-charge or about 7 hours of playback time.
- 12.1 Megapixel Resolution Makes 13x19" Prints Possible
- With the PowerShot SD1300 IS, dramatic, personal pictures have never been easier to shoot and share. This 12.1 megapixel camera lets you create impressive, large photos of family and friends you'll be proud to display. The high-resolution images taken by the PowerShot SD1300 IS can be enlarged up to 13" x 19".
- Capture Family and Friends With a 28mm Wide-Angle Lens & 4X Optical Zoom
The Canon commitment to innovation defines the excitement of the PowerShot SD1300 IS Digital ELPH with its 28mm wide-angle lens and 4x optical zoom that makes it easy to get the inspiring, emotive close-ups that will make your images lasting keepsakes. This magnificent lens gives you the power to shoot distant subjects with razor-sharp precision and stunning lifelike color. So you can brilliantly capture a closer shot of a landscape, or a child's big smile.
The PowerShot SD1300 IS Digital ELPH is equipped with the acclaimed Canon Optical Image Stabilizer, which automatically detects and corrects camera shake - one of the leading causes of fuzzy or blurred shots. Even when zoomed in, you can get the steady, crisp, brilliant images you'll be proud to shoot and share. And the Canon Optical Image Stabilizer technology is so convenient to use. It functions perfectly with or without a flash.
- Bright 2.7-inch PureColor System LCD for Taking and Reviewing Photos
- The PowerShot SD1300 IS gives you a large 2.7-inch LCD screen for excellent control when framing your shots. The Canon PureColor System LCD offers spectacular color, resolution and contrast even when viewed at an angle. The screen is highly durable and easy to see in any light with a scratch-resistant, anti-reflective coating. It also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light--a perfect feature for gathering friends and family around to see your images.
- Smart AUTO Mode Selects the Right Settings for 18 Predefined Situations
- Just set the Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS to Smart AUTO and you're ready for maximum enjoyment from your picture-taking every time. It's a relaxing and satisfying way to shoot because you can completely concentrate on your subject knowing that the camera has the technical details covered. Advanced Canon technology intelligently analyzes your situation and shooting conditions. Then it automatically selects an appropriate setting from 18 specially defined settings. So whether you're photographing flowers, a captivating sunset, or your friends at the park, you can be confident that you're getting dramatic, memorable images.
- Shoot in Low Light Mode for Dimly Lit Situations
- With an ISO of 400-6400, the Low Light mode takes the Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS boldly into the shadows! Now even scenes notorious for having insufficient light, such as those lit by candles, fire, or street lamp, come through in fantastic color and clarity, with less noise. You can keep the feel of the scene intact without adding additional light, so the result will be scenes with the visual accuracy, depth and clarity you expect from a Canon camera.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- Accurate color renditions and fast image processing times
- AF/AE/FE/WB Face Detection and Intelligent Contrast Correction
- For optimized portraits and better overall picture quality regardless of your subject matter