The Coby TFTV1525 15" High Definition Television provides great features in a small, inexpensive package. Its 1366 x 768 native resolution translates to 720p in high definition but its TFT LCD display can also handle 1080i and 1080p signals. And those signals will remain in pristine digital form from source to set thanks to the 1525's HDMI all digital input.
The 1525 has NTSC, (conventional) ATSC, (digital) and QAM (analog and digital cable) tuners. So it's ready for just about anything. (Having both NTSC and ATSC tuners is particularly convenient for our Canadian friends, who won't be going all digital until August 31, 2011. You can enjoy conventional NTSC TV now and ATSC when the big switch comes without having to buy a new set.) The set's Parental Controls also work with both the US and Canadian systems, which differ slightly.
When you're tuning in those digital OTA (over the air) signals the Digital Signal Intensity Display you can call up via the remote control will come in handy. And you can label channels. You'll be able to channel surf easier with labels "TNT" or "BET" rather than just numbers. And speaking of surfing you can designate some channels as your favorites and scan them first.
Every set does closed captioning these days but only a handful, including the 1525, can display all four CC and four text channels from programming that provides them. CC was designed, of course, for the hard of hearing but it also comes in handy for those learning English as a second language or when you're viewing in noisy environments.
And if you like to drift off to sleep you can set the sleep timer to turn off the set in from five minutes to four hours.
- NTSC/ATSC/QAM tuners for standard and digital TV reception
- HDMI digital connection for perfect AV signal transmission
- 3-D Digital comb filter plus 3-D video noise reduction for the clearest picture possible
- Use it as a computer monitor with its VGA input
- Full range 10 watt stereo speakers
- Digital comb filter reduces video noise and "stair stepping" of diagonal lines
- AV inputs for video games, DVRs, VCRs and more
- Displays all four close captioning and text channels from program sources that provide them
- V-chip parental control can be set to use Canadian (English/French) or US settings
- Electronic Program Guide tells you what's on
- English, French, Spanish OSD (on-screen display)