The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H55 Digital Camera (Black) is a 14 megapixel wonder that delivers impressive-looking pictures and will allow you to make big prints. The H55 has a beautiful 10x optical zoom G lens, similar to the ones that are used in some top-of-the-line DSLR cameras and many HD camcorders. With the lens' 25mm equivalent wide angle you can not only capture landscapes and group portraits, but you will be able to get the shot when you are in close quarters. Your wide angle photo opportunities will also widen with the H55's Sweep Panorama mode. In Sweep Panorama the camera will continuously shoot at a high speed as you pan, covering up to 244°, and then seamlessly stitch the images together for a dramatic effect.
This Cyber-shot allows you to store your images on either Memory Stick or SD/SDHC media, and is complemented by its spacious 45MB of internal memory. Capturing fast moving subjects are not a problem when using the camera's Motion Detection. It adjusts ISO sensitivity and increases the shutter speed when the camera is moving and will help ensure that you capture the decisive moment. To really see your subject in motion, the H55 can capture your videos via the HD Movie mode (720p). To further enhance your videos, the H55 is blessed with an Active mode which will enable you to shoot stable movies even while you are walking.
The DSC-H55 has a 3.0" Clear Photo LCD display (230,400 pixels) which is treated with an anti-reflective coating for sharp visibility even in bright sunlight. Assisted by its vast array of convenient features, and its ability to perform in almost any lighting situation (up to ISO 3200), this camera will make your picture taking experience friendly and satisfying whether you are just starting out or already in the groove...the only thing you need is your creativity.
- 3.0" Clear Photo LCD Display
- Compose and show off your images on the large 3.0" (230,400 pixels) Clear Photo LCD display, which features a special anti-reflective coating for sharp visibility, even in bright sunlight.
- 14.1 Megapixel Super HAD CCD Image Sensor
- A powerful 14.1 megapixel 1/2.3" Super HAD CCD image sensor helps you capture gorgeous images with superb contrast and clarity down to the finest detail. With 14.1 megapixels, you can create stunning, photo-quality prints up to 13 x 19" (A+) size, or crop your images and still come away with high resolution shots.
- Professional-Quality 10x Optical Zoom G Lens
- G lenses are used in top of the line digital single lens reflex (DSLR) cameras and advanced pro-sumer HD Camcorders. Capture the action up close with the 10x optical zoom, and with the 25mm equivalent wide angle lens the H55 even allows you to capture more of the scenes in landscape or group portraits
- Sweep Panorama Mode
- Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed, and then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image. Available in wide and ultra-wide options, the camera can take panoramic shots of up to 244°. Now capturing wide landscapes is as easy as press and sweep.
- 720p MP4 HD Movie Mode
- MP4 is ideal for enjoying and sharing HD movies on your PC, Mac or the Internet. You can record video up to 1280 x 720p at 30fps. An MP4 HD file is a compressed single file format, perfect for uploading to computers and Web sharing sites like YouTube. 1
- BIONZ Image Processor
- The BIONZ image processor delivers the high resolution and fast performance you expect from a Sony digital camera. Fast processing enables unique Sony features such as Sweep Panorama, Handheld Twilight, Antimotion Blur, HDR, etc. to take and combine multiple images in less than a second to create wide panoramic images. Images have reduced grain and appear less washed out.
- Self-Portrait Timer
- The Self-Portrait Timer helps take the guess work out of self portraits by utilizing Face Detection technology to recognize when your face enters the frame. Once the camera detects your face, it triggers a 2-second timer, and then snaps a picture.
- Intelligent (iAuto) Auto Mode
- Unlike traditional auto mode, Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode thinks for you, recognizing scenes, lighting conditions, and faces, and adjusts settings resulting in clearer images, faces with more natural skin tone, and less blur. By incorporating advanced features such as Intelligent Scene Recognition, Face Detection technology, and Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, iAuto mode lets you take advantage of the latest Sony Cyber-shot technology without leaving auto mode. Whether you're shooting landscapes, capturing a beautiful flower, or taking pictures at an in-door birthday party or wedding shower, iAuto mode will optimize your camera's settings to help ensure you come away with a great shot.
- Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode
- Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) mode automatically detects eight different types of scenes and, within just 1/30th of a second, selects the appropriate camera settings: Backlight, Backlight Portrait, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Twilight using a tripod, Portrait, Landscape, and Macro. iSCN has two modes: Auto and Advanced. In Auto mode, the camera takes a single shot using the optimal settings. In Advanced mode, the camera takes a photo with the optimal settings and, if in difficult lighting (low light or back light) immediately takes a second photo with another optimized setting so you can choose which to keep.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization uses a built-in gyro sensor to detect camera shake and automatically shifts the lens to help prevent blur without sacrificing image quality.
- Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active mode gives you the freedom to shoot movies even while walking or running. By providing up to 10 times the correction of standard mode, Active mode can compensate for excessive camera shake so you can move along with your subject while shooting.
- High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 3200)
- High ISO allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. In addition to High Sensitivity mode (ISO), you can select up to eight ISO settings (Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200) when shooting in Program Auto mode to adjust sensitivity to your shooting conditions.
- Face Detection Technology
- Sony's Face Detection technology can automatically distinguish between children and adults. Face Detection technology detects up to 8 individual faces and adjusts flash, focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- Motion Detection
- Motion Detection, along with Face Motion Detection adjusts ISO sensitivity and increases the shutter speed when movement is detected, reducing blur in moving subjects and faces.
- Anti-Blink Function
- It's frustrating to think you've captured that perfect shot, only to review it later and discover one of your subjects blinked just as you pressed the shutter. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting or blinking. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
- Smile Shutter Technology
- Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection Sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can be used together with Smile Shutter mode. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer Standard and Plus
- Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) Standard and Plus uses a sophisticated algorithm to help recover shadows and highlights. The result is more natural images with clearer details that more closely match what your naked eye sees. DRO is particularly effective when shooting backlit portraits or any scene with a dramatic contrast between background and foreground lighting. DRO Plus allows for even greater optimization by analyzing each region of an image and performing additional image processing.
- Intelligent AF
- Thanks to Intelligent AF technology, capture fleeting moments like a child's adorable expression with the ultra-quick AF which locks focus in as little as 0.3 - sec.
- Scene Modes
- The DSC-H55 can capture full 10.2 megapixel resolution images at up to 10 frames per second, helping to ensure that you capture the decisive moment such as the soccer ball flying into the goal. In addition, the DSC-H55 employs a mechanical shutter that helps reduce distortion when continuously shooting moving subjects.
- Viewing Modes
- The DSC-H55 features 11 convenient scene modes: High Sensitivity, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Portrait, Landscape, Beach, Snow, Fireworks, Advanced Sports, Gourmet, and Pet.
- Easy Shooting Mode
- With Easy Shooting mode, even beginners can take great photos. In Easy Shooting Mode, easy-to-understand basic instructions are displayed on the LCD screen and the camera switches to all automatic settings, removing several function choices and allowing you to focus on just your subject. Since this mode works together with Intelligent Scene Recognition, the camera selects the optimum setting for each scene. In addition the easy mode simplifies preview mode.
- PhotoMusic combines images with music (4 tracks, 5 minutes per track) to produce fun and entertaining slide shows with standard visual effects (Simple, Nostalgic, Active, and Stylish). Select from pre-loaded tracks on the camera or transfer your own from your compatible computer (sold separately)
- In-Camera Retouching Tools
- Retouch and enhance your photos on the go with in-camera Trimming, Red-Eye Correction, and Unsharp Masking functions.
- PhotoTV HD
Bring your photos to life and enjoy highly detailed, high definition images with PhotoTV HD-capable Sony BRAVIA HDTVs. PhotoTV HD fine tunes settings on your PhotoTV HD enabled BRAVIA HDTV, such as sharpness, gradation, and color to display images that look more like printed ones.
HD viewing requires an HD output adapter cable (VMC-MHC1) and compatible HDTV, both sold separately. 2
- Lithium-ion Battery
- Included NP-F1 InfoLITHIUM battery provides added convenience with longer lasting power than alkaline batteries (capacity of 310 images or 155 minutes for shooting still images). 3
- Includes Sony PMBP (Picture Motion Browser) Software
Sony Picture Motion Browser software offers a simple, intuitive way to transfer, sort, and view your video and still images on your compatible PC. In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD using an external DVD burning device (sold separately), as well as take advantage of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites.
PMB requires Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, or Windows 7. Picture Motion Browser software not supported by Mac OS. Movie format is compatible with iMovie '09 or later versions.
- Includes Sony PMB (Picture Motion Browser) Portable Software
With the pre-installed Picture Motion Browser (PMB) Portable software the DSC-H55 makes it easy to pre-select videos and images in the camera and conveniently upload them from the camera to a compatible PC and popular Internet sharing sites without the need for any additional software or install.
PMB Portable requires USB cable (included) and PC with internet connectivity. 4