GoPro, known for their mountable cameras, presents the HD HERO Naked Wearable Camera. Why "Naked"? This HD video/still camera is compatible with ALL GoPro HERO camera mounting accessories; that means you can mix and match optional accessories for quick setup in any number of applications. With the appropriate optional mounting accessories in place you'll be ready to film with your helmet, vehicle, RC car, surfboard, and anywhere else you can stick a mount. All you'll have to do is pop the camera into place and go.
Now the next thing you're wondering about is: "What kind of HD video does the camera shoot?" The HD HERO Naked records in multiple high definition resolutions, including: 1920 x 1080/30p, 1280 x 960/30p, 1280 x 720/60p, and 1280 x 720/30p. The camera uses a 5MP 1/2.5" HD CMOS sensor to help capture beautiful H.264 HD footage, along with help from a fixed focus (2.0' - infinity lens with f/2.8 aperture) lens, low-light sensitivity of 1.4 lux, and automatic exposure control and auto white balance. The status LCD on the front of the camera indicates settings to help you dial the camera in.
The Naked loves water too. This camera is waterproof up to 197' (60 m). That is of course when this little honey is safely tucked away in the included waterproof housing. That housing also protects from dust and dirt. In addition to water safety the camera features a rechargeable 1100mAh lithium-ion battery with a lifespan of 2.5 hours. The Naked also has a built-in battery warmer to protect the power source from cold during extreme winter activities. How cute. And, ingenious.
What else, you ask? Well, as previously mentioned the Naked takes 5MP photos. It can do the traditional one photo snap shot thing, or you can set it to shoot at 2 / 5 / 10 / 30 and 60 second intervals until you either shut the camera off, the memory card fills up, or the battery conks out. You can also set the camera to take a series of three shots or set it to record using the self-timer.
Last, but certainly not least, the Naked also boasts "Audio Excellence". The good folks at GoPro have super-secret audio nerds who reportedly "obsess" over audio. GoPro promises that the Naked isn't just picking up white noise, but the actual sound of your voice and your activity. Nice!
- Professional Quality, Full HD Video
1080p, 960p, and 720p in 30 and 60 fps. The HD HERO line of cameras offers three different HD resolutions, giving you three filming modes to capture the best angles for any given activity:
- 1080p: 1920 x 1080 HD featuring a 127° angle of view, 30 fps, and 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio
- 960p: 1280 x 960 Ultra Wide and Tall HD featuring a 170° angle of view, 30 fps, and 4:3 aspect ratio. See more of the action above and below than widescreen 16:9 resolutions can show
- 720p: 1280 x 720 Ultra Wide HD featuring a 170° angle of view, both 30 and 60 fps, and 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio
- 5MP Photos, Automatically
- HD HERO cameras can shoot hands-free, 5 megapixel photos automatically at 2 / 5 / 10 / 30 / and 60 second intervals until the batteries die or the SD card is full (2.5 hours). Or set it to single shot, triple shot, or self timer for more traditional photo taking
- Audio Excellence
- You'll only be hearing the sounds of your sport, not the howl of the wind. How? Obsessive audio engineering and an understanding that good sound is as important as good video
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, Built-In Battery Warmer
- The rechargeable 1100mAh lithium-ion battery (included) lasts for 2.5 hours of constant recording. It can be recharged to 80% capacity in just 2 hours when plugged into a computer's USB port, or in 1 hour when plugged into a USB compatible wall or car charger. Camera can also be used while charging...handy on road trips where it's fun to leave the camera rolling. Camera also features an integrated battery heating system for keeping your battery warm in winter activities
- Shockproof, Bombproof & Waterproof to 197' (60 m)
- Don't let a little water, or even a ton of water get in the way of getting the shot. Proven in heavy surf from Hawaii to Tahiti, Southern Mexico to Northern California, HD HERO cameras can handle it thanks their highly engineered polycarbonate exoskeletal housing. Waterproof to 197' (60 m) and tough enough to take a spin across the asphalt, GoPros are built to take a beating
- The HD HERO Naked is compatible with all other GoPro HERO camera mounting accessories, so it's very easy to expand the functionality of your camera to suction cup to vehicles, clamp to bike handlebars and seat posts, mount to surfboards, and even be worn on the wrist or chest. Included is one mount for attaching the camera to a helmet or other curved surface as well as the quick-release HD housing which protects the camera