The Hasselblad H4D-50MS Medium Format DSLR Camera with 80mm f/2.8 HC Lens offers the ultimate in digital medium-format image capture to professional commercial, studio, and fine art photographers. For still life work the camera does not compromise with its Multi-Shot Technology, and for live subjects the camera can shoot in normal single-shot mode. In Multi-Shot mode the camera captures a sequence of 4 shots, each offset by a one pixel increment, so every point on your set is rendered with its true red, green and blue color components. In this way, true detail and color are acquired without interpolation of any kind. The results are full color information from the sensor with no artifacts like moiré, that is common with single shot capture. Yet if you need to photograph moving subjects the camera will give you the best quality possible in single-shot mode.
The camera is built around a 50 megapixel, 36.7 x 49.1mm CCD image sensor with 16-bit color. The chip provides the basis for optimal lens performance with a lens factor of 1.0 with HCD lenses, and 1.1 with HC lenses. The camera will capture 3FR RAW files, and allows you to choose between working tethered to a computer, or untethered and storing your images on a compact flash card when shooting in single-shot mode. A 4GB card will store about 60 images. You can view your captured images on the 3" TFT 24bit color LCD display. Multi-shot mode requires you to be tethered to a computer.
The H4D-50 MS features True Focus with APL (Absolute Position Lock), making auto-focus substantially easier and more accurate. The camera has a wide ISO flexibility (ISO 100-800), and a flash sync of up to 1/800th of a second.
Options including GPS and the HTS 1.5 Perspective Control modules, a choice of eye-level or waist-level finders, and optics from 28mm wide angle to 300mm telephoto support the H-system philosophy of full user customization with uncompromising quality. The Hasselblad 80mm f/2.8 lens is included. Paired with Hasselblad Phocus software, the H4D-50 MS represents a complete, digital image solution for all of your professional needs.
With the purchase of this item, you are eligible for a free CD version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 software. Go here to register for your copy. Hasselblad will ship the software to you directly.
- The camera's multi-shot technology captures still life subjects with all details represented in true detail and color resolution. By capturing a sequence of 4 shots, each offset by a one pixel increment, every point on your set is rendered with its true red, green and blue color components. In this way, true detail and true color are acquired without interpolation of any kind. The camera can also perform normal single-shot capture as well.
- Built around a 50 megapixel, 36.7 x 49.1mm CCD image sensor with 16-bit color. The chip provides the basis for optimal lens performance with a lens factor of 1.0, with both HC and HCD lenses.
- Ultra-fast auto focus using True Focus with Absolute Position Lock allows true, accurate focusing throughout the image field. Camera also features AF Assist Illumination for working in dark environments.
- 90 MB/sec read-write performance on Extreme Pro cards from Sandisk.
- Choose between working tethered to a computer, or untethered storing your images on a compact flash card when shooting in single-shot mode. In multi-shot mode the camera must be tethered to a computer. This allows you to get the most of your camera system both on location and in the studio.
- Large 3" TFT 24-bit color display with a wide viewing angle allows you to view your images comfortably in most settings
- Capable of flash sync speeds up to 1/800th of a second, the camera opens the door to powerful, action-stopping studio and location photography. From models in motion to powerful athletic portraits, Hasselblad's central lens shutters lead the industry in speed, consistency, and reliability.
- Processing your RAW images in Hasselblad's Phocus RAW converter, or work with your RAW images directly in Apple or Adobe imaging environments.
- Hasselblad's Phocus Software brings powerful capture, processing, and archiving capabilities to the H system. Using a FireWire 800 connection, Phocus can control all shooting functions of the camera including ISO, shutter speed, aperture value, mirror up, manual and autofocus. Processing capabilities go beyond simple RAW conversion, with DAC (Digital Auto Correction) for distortion, vignetting, and chromatic aberration. Powerful archiving functions such as keyword generation, GPS tagging, and folder creation bring professional image organization to your Mac or PC system.
- Hasselblad's optional Global Image Locator (GIL) tags GPS coordinates, altitude, and time to all of your images files. This data is highly useful for location-specific applications and follow-up assignments. Using the included Phocus software, image mapping can be made directly to Google Earth.
- The included Hasselblad 80mm f/2.8 is the standard lens for this camera. The high-performance design ensures great color correction, a flat image plane, and low distortion. The wide aperture facilitates photography in poor light and provides a bright viewfinder image.
- With the purchase of this item, you are eligible for a free CD version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 software. Go here to register for your copy. Hasselblad will ship the software to you directly.