The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 Interchangeable Lens System Digital Camera with a Micro Four Thirds Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 lens makes taking photos fun and simple. The lens incorporates Panasonic's Mega O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) to suppress the blur caused by a shaky hand and make it easier to shoot clear photographs even in low-light situations.
The G10 features full-time Live View which works with both the LCD and the Live View Finder. This means that you see before you shoot how adjusting the exposure compensation, white balance, aperture and even the shutter speed will affect the image.
When you activate the iA (Intelligent Auto) mode, the G10 automatically selects one of six other modes to optimize exposure and focus for the particular subject you are shooting. For example if you are shooting a sporting event or your fast-moving toddler, iA will engage AF Tracking which tracks your subject and locks the focus until the shutter release is pressed.
If you are taking photos of your friends, you can engage the Face Recognition mode in which the G10 will recognize up to 3 faces and optimize focus and exposure. This mode goes one step further and allows you to register subjects in the camera with full-face portraits so when you compose your photo the names of the registered people show up under their faces on the LDC.
The G10 allows you to enjoy HD movie recording in Motion JPEG at 1280 x 720p at 30 fps, and with ISO sensitivity up to 6400 you can capture clear images in low light conditions.
The Lumix G10 has appeal to advanced photographers as well as novices who want the advanced technology interchangeable lenses and user-friendy features without the complexity of a Digital SLR camera.
- Double Live View
- Full-time Live View works with both the LCD and the Live View Finder. This means that no matter which way you shoot, you see before you capture the image, how adjusting the exposure compensation, white balance, aperture and even the shutter speed will affect the image.
- Photos and HD Movies
- The G10's 4/3-type 12.1-megapixel Live MOS sensor offers the superior image quality of a CCD sensor, and the lower power consumption of a CMOS sensor. This sensor is also advantageous for photo and movie recording with its high S/N, thanks to an advanced circuit structure that is unaffected by the noise generated in each of the circuits. It results in clear images even when taken at high ISO sensitivity.
- Capture Shots with iA Button
- With the G10 you're always ready for those sudden, spur-of-the-moment photo opportunities. Just press the dedicated iA button and aim the camera at your subject. The G10 automatically determines the most suitable Scene mode and helps correct blurring, focus, and brightness problems to capture great photos.
- Face Recognition
- This function recognizes the faces of up to three people that have been registered in the camera, and displays the names on the LCD. The G10 then optimizes the focus and brightness of the recognized faces and captures them clearly and beautifully. 1
- AF Tracking
- Once you focus on your subject, AF Tracking automatically and continuously tracks it and keeps it in focus, even if it moves, until you press the shutter release. This feature is ideal for shooting sports or fast-moving children.
- Intelligent Exposure
- In the Intelligent Exposure mode the camera can correct the brightness in parts of the image that are too dark due to insufficient lighting, backlighting or use of the flash.
- Intelligent Scene Selector
- The Intelligent Scene Selector function automatically selects the most suitable Scene mode for the shooting situation you are in. These scene modes include: Portrait, Night Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Close-up or Sunset.
- Face Detection AF/AE
- The Face Detection AF/AE function determines if there are any faces in the image and adjusts the focus and exposure to capture them correctly.
- Intelligent ISO Control
- If the subject moves as you shoot, the Intelligent ISO control automatically adjusts the ISO sensitivity and shutter speed to help prevent subject blur.
- My Color Mode
- While taking photos the My Color mode makes it easy to capture creative images. Just aim the camera and select any of seven preset effects, including Silhouette, Expressive, Pure and others, while checking the image in Live View. The Custom setting lets you adjust the color, brightness and saturation to your liking, to further expand your creative palette.
- Advanced Technology
- The G10's Venus Engine HD II incorporates two CPUs. This not only boosts image processing speed, it also helps achieve an exceptional noise-reduction performance. The Venus Engine HD II features a new circuit that makes Intelligent Resolution Technology possible. In iA mode, the G10 automatically identifies parts with outlines, detailed texture areas and soft gradation areas, and optimizes the edge emphasis on the outlines and detailed texture areas while using the Venus Engine HD II noise reduction process to make the soft gradation areas smoother. You can capture stunning images with details you've never seen before in both photo and movie recording.
- Dust Reduction System
- If dust or other foreign matter gets inside the camera when you're changing lenses, it could cling to the image sensor and show up as a spot in photos. The G10 helps eliminate this possibility by placing a Supersonic Wave Filter in front of the Live MOS sensor. Vibrating around 50,000 times per second, the filter repels dust and other particles. This keeps the image sensor clean at all times and eliminates the need for cumbersome maintenance procedures.
- Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5 Asph./Mega O.I.S
- The new Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5 Asph./Mega O.I.S lens incorporates Panasonic's Mega O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer), using gyro sensors built into the lens, to suppress the blur caused by a shaky hand and making it easy to shoot clear photographs even in low-lit situations. Adopting an inner-focus system driven by a stepping motor, the superior optical design realizes outstanding smoothness to support the high-speed AF (Auto Focus) system of Lumix G cameras.