The Noga Cine Arm and Cine Lock Kit 1 combines 16x9's upgraded version of Noga's Hold-It Articulating Arm with a Cine Lock quick-release mounting device. 16x9's upgrade consists of equaling the lengths of the Arm's two arms to be 5" each so they can have stronger holding resistance.
The Cine Arm has three joints - a central one where two arms reach out from, and two ball-joints at the endpoints of the lower and upper arms. The lower endpoint is what the Arm mounts the camera with, and the upper one is what an accessory gets mounted onto.
Thus set up, the two arms can open wide or close in along the central joint, and then, along the lower ball-joint, they can fluidly be moved in any way vertically and horizontally. And thus an accessory can be positioned with precise focus. And then with the tightening of a lever atop the Arm, all three joints lock into place simultaneously.
What the Cine Lock does is make it possible for the Arm to snap onto the camera or an accessory, as opposed to being screwed on each time. The Cine Lock consists of two parts that each attach separately and then lock into each other. At the slide of a pin they unlock and separate from each other. Thus they provide quick-release functionality. The two parts are a burgundy wedge and a gray plate. They each have two different-sized screw-holes via which they either screw onto a stud, or -- by means of included screws -- get fastened to a screw-hole. As for measurements, the Cine Arm can take on up to 7.2 lb, and its mounting threads are a 1/4"-20 screw with a nut on the top arm and a 3/8" screw on the bottom arm.
- An articulating arm with a quick-release mounting device.
- Mounts a camera on one end and takes on an accessory on the other.
- Ideal for camera lights and monitors, but works with most any 1/4" and 3/8" accessories.
- The Arm's three joints allow for precise focus by way of sideways and tilting movements.
- A lever tightens to simultaneously lock in place all three joints.
- Each arm is 5" long, and together they can handle 7.2 lb.
- The Cine Lock provides the Arm with quick-release functionality.