The Wimberley C-12 Quick Release Clamp (2.5", 6.4 cm Long) replaces the former model, the C-10. This clamp comes with a selection of fasteners to allow you to securely attach the clamp to a wide variety of equipment. Installation instructions are included to help you determine which fasteners are needed for your particular needs.
Compatible ball heads are:
- Arca-Swiss B1, Z1
- Gitzo 1780, 2780, 3780
- Cullmann 40200, 40170, 40180, 40190
- Linhof Profi II, Profi III
- Manfrotto 468MG, 468MGRC0, 468MGRC2, 468MGRC3, 468MGRC5, 488RC0, 488RC4, 490RC4, Proball 468
- Feisol CB-50D
- FLM Centerball 58 FT
- Giottos M-H 1000, M-H1001, M-H1300, M-H2000, M-H3000, M-H3300
- Gitzo 1177M, 1277M, 1278M, 1377M, 1378M, 1780, 2780, 3780
- Novoflex Ball 30
- Really Right Stuff BH-40, BH-55 LR
- Tongue-in-Pocket Design
- Wimberley clamps have a unique tongue-in-pocket design that protects internal parts from dust and grit. The tongues are nearly twice as long as those on conventional Arca-Swiss style clamps. This added length counteracts the tendency of the moving jaw of the clamp to hinge backward during clamping, thus keeping the jaws aligned with the geometry of the plate and eliminating unwanted bending forces on the threaded stud.
- Captive Knob
- There is a stop screw located on the end of the stud. This screw keeps the knob and internal workings of the clamp captive.
- Special Grooves
- Two shallow channels extend from the sides of the clamp and stop just short of the central tapped hole. These channels allow greater fore-aft adjustment when using the safety stops on Wimberley quick release plates.