This Ikelite eTTL Housing, designed for the Canon EOS Rebel T2i (550D), has controls for every camera function. The camera offers both digital stills and high-definition video. Now you can shoot both with one camera in one housing. A large zoom control knob can be comfortably reached without removing your hand from the handle. There is an ergonomic control that provides easy access to the camera's "Live View shooting/ Movie shooting" button. You also have a stay depressed control for the aperture/ flash compensation button that allows for one-handed adjustment of aperture value in manual mode. All these dependable controls are conveniently placed at your fingertips, and kept water tight with Ikelite's pioneered Quad-Ring seal glands.
The housing allows eTTL2 operation when using Ikelite DS digital SubStrobes. In TTL mode you can fine-tune your strobe exposure using two push buttons on the back of the housing. This allows flash compensation of 4 f/stops, in half stop increments, both over and under the base exposure. You also have 8 manual power settings in half-stop increments. Settings are clearly indicated even at night by a series of LED lights. Other manufacturers' strobes can be used, but they cannot provide TTL exposure or be adjusted manually through the housing.
The auto focus system on the camera is very good, but does require a certain amount of light and contrast. When shooting under ledges, on night dives, or inside caves and wrecks, a focus light will allow the camera to focus faster. The housing features a 1/4-20 threaded mounting point in the center of the housing above the lens. This is the perfect place to attach a focus light or other accessories.
The Ikelite Super-Eye magnifier offers enhanced viewing when you're wearing a diving mask. The live preview feature of the camera is accessible for framing your photos. The camera's large LCD screen can be clearly viewed through the back of the housing.
The housing's size and weight provide slightly negative buoyancy and superb handling underwater. Camera installation is quick and simple. An assortment of interchangeable lens ports allows use of most macro, wide-angle, and zoom lenses. Ikelite uses a simple and reliable 4-point locking system to attach lens ports to the housing. This fail-safe assembly consists of one sliding lock in each corner around the opening that accepts the port.
Lens port is not included.
Click here for Required Lens Ports.
After finding required parts on port chart, enter product numbers in B&H search box.
- External Flash Ready
- eTTL2 compatible with DS digital strobes
- There is an ergonomic control that provides easy access to the camera's "Live View shooting/ Movie shooting" button
- Clear Polycarbonate Construction
- Strong and corrosion-free, unobstructed view of the camera's information and control functions with visual confirmation of the O-ring seal
- Camera Functions
- All camera controls
- Enhanced Viewing
- The Ikelite Super-Eye magnifier offers enhanced viewing, when you're wearing a diving mask
- Live Preview
- The live preview feature of the camera is accessible for framing your photos
- Mechanical Controls
- The dependable controls are conveniently placed at fingertip and kept water tight with Ikelite's pioneered Quad-Ring seal glands, one of the most reliable methods for sealing controls
- Multiple Lens Capability
- An assortment of interchangeable lens ports allow use of most macro, wide-angle, and zoom lenses
- Release Handle
- Easy attachment and removal of SubStrobe mounting arms and other accessories at the touch of a button