The Prosafe 16-Port Gigabit Smart Switch from NETGEAR is purposely designed for SMB customers with high performance, SMB-oriented management needs. With sixteen 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet ports (each of which are capable of powering 2000 Mbps of data throughput in full-duplex mode per port) and two shared SFP ports, this switch will enable SMB networks to support Voice over IP (VoIP), streaming media, multicasting, security and many other bandwidth-intensive applications like ERP and large file transfers.
This switch comes with a comprehensive set of features, such as access control lists (ACL), 802.1x port authentication, enhanced QoS, rate limiting and IGMP snooping, to provide small and medium-sized businesses with a network that is geared for growth while ensuring performance and reliability.
In addition, an intuitive Web-browser interface offers the simple Smart Switch management, which makes it easy to monitor switch performance and configure ports. It can even set up port trunks, VLANs and traffic prioritization. Alternatively, the SNMP-based software can be used to manage your Smart Switch. Shipped ready for use straight out of the box, it delivers switching that's easy to set up and use. This switch is ideal for adding basic management to your unmanaged networks or extending your managed networks.
- Advanced Quality of Service (QoS)
- Priority queuing ensures high-priority traffic to get delivered efficiently and even during congested high-traffic bursts. Companies looking to implement network conference calls or video chat will need to be able to prioritize voice and video traffic over less latency-sensitive applications to ensure reliability and quality. The ability to prioritize traffic ensures quality of latency-sensitive services and applications despite increasing traffic loads. This switch accomplishes this with its 802.1p-based and Layer 3-based prioritization as well as rate-limiting options
- Smart Switch
- This switch features the Smart Switch capability, which enables key management features for an unmanaged switch. This includes performance monitoring, port configuration, VLAN for traffic control, port trunking for increased bandwidth and Class of Service (CoS) for traffic prioritization
- Going Green
- This switch has an auto power-down mode to save energy when ports are not in use. It also has cable length detection, which reduces power usage when network cable is shorter than 33' (10m). This switch can save up to 70% more power than its non-green counterpart
- Advanced Security
- In order to offer robust security features to SMBs, this switch has 802.1x for authentication and ACL filtering to permit or deny traffic based on Mac or IP addresses
- High Durability & Ease-of-Use
- Simple to set up and easy to use for effortless network monitoring and troubleshooting. This switch is made to last with a 17" metal box and comes with a rack-mounting kit