The incredibly powerful AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Lens , from Nikon is a super telephoto zoom that delivers images with superior image quality. The lens features the innovative Vibration Reduction (VRII) system that allows handheld telephoto zoom shooting even in poorly lit conditions. The VRII system minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed approximately four shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible. The lens is built with Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) which provides swift autofocusing with superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation. And the lens can be switched quickly from AF to manual focus.
There are four switches conveniently positioned on the rear of the lens barrel used to engage different focusing modes. While autofocusing, the focus can be locked by engaging the AF-L switch; the AF-ON switch allows quick autofocusing on and off. When you engage the Memory Set switch you can focus on a subject and store the focused distance in the lens' memory; it stores the information even if the camera is turned off. By switching to Memory Recall the lens will automatically return to the stored focal length. For example, if you are shooting a baseball game you can pre-set the focus from the camera to second base, shoot action at another area of the field, then engage Memory Recall to quickly capture the action at second base without having to refocus.
This lens features a 20-elements/17-groups construction with Nikon's Nano Crystal Coat lens coating and four ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens elements which help to yield color-corrected images with minimal distortion and aberrations.
The AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II lens is a photographer's dream come true for getting in close while capturing sports and wildlife images and is a great tool to help explore your creativity.
Note! Be careful not to hold the camera body when the lens is attached, as this may cause damage to the camera. Be sure to hold both the lens and camera when carrying.
- Versatile Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Powerful super-telephoto zoom lens that's perfect for sports and wildlife shooting offering constant maximum aperture and VR II Image Stabilization.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- 4 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Three Focus Modes
- A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.
- Close Auto Focusing to 6.6' At All Focal Lengths
- Focus to 6.6 feet using AF or 6.4 feet using manual focus enabling striking image perspectives.