The Mamiya 645DF SLR Medium Format Autofocus Digital Camera Body is an open platform, digital-only medium format camera that handles like a 35mm SLR, but with an image area almost 3 times as large (56 x 41.5 mm).
Using any of the 15 existing Mamiya 645AF system lenses (available separately), you have flash sync shutter speeds of up to 1/125s, and with any of 3 dedicated Mamiya lenses that have integral leaf shutters (available separately), you can achieve flash sync speeds up to 1/1600s. The 645DF's dual shutter system allows you to choose between the integral focal plane shutter and the leaf shutter when using one of these 3 lenses (the Sekor AF 55mm f/2.8 LS D, Sekor AF 80mm f/2.8 LS D, and the Sekor AF 110mm f/2.8 LS D).
The 645DF has aperture-priority AE, shutter-priority AE, programmed AE (PH, PL setting possible), and manual TTL metering, center-weighted average (AV), spot (S), and variable ratio (A-S auto) exposure modes, auto-bracketing, and it uses the TTL phase difference detection method for autofocus. Autofocus speeds are up to 30% faster than previous models.
The 645DF provides real performance upgrades for owners of nearly any brand of digital back, including Leaf, Mamiya, Phase One, and Sinar. There are 19 custom settings available for flexibility and control for those who are serious about their photography.
- Medium format camera for use with digital backs having resolution from 22MP to 80MP
- Image area 3x that of 35mm
- Autofocus 30% faster than previous models
- Performance upgrade for almost any digital back, including Leaf, Mamiya, Phase One, and Sinar
- 19 custom settings
- Selectable dual shutter system--integral focal plane shutter or select lenses with integral leaf shutters
- Dedicated lenses (available separately) with integral leaf shutters for sync speeds of up to 1/1600s