The Lomography Spinner 360° Panoramic Camera is a unique camera with a 25mm fixed-focus lens. Take the Spinner in one hand, pull the cord with the other and release it. In a split second the camera spins 360° around its own axis and records everything in its path on a frame more than 4 times longer than a conventional landscape picture. The mechanism is powered with a rubber band drive, so no batteries are required. You can create up to 8 full 360° panoramas on any 36-exposure roll of 35mm film.
Depending on the lighting of the scene, the camera has both a cloudy aperture setting of f/8 and a sunny setting of f/16. There are 2 rotation speeds of 1/125 and 1/250 of a second, which effectively become your shutter speed. These settings make the camera especially suitable for shooting outdoors in daylight. If you are in low-light conditions, you can make the camera turn more slowly by releasing the cord at a reduced pace by hand. For long exposures hold the camera's handle in one hand and turn the camera with the other hand in order to manually adjust the shutter speed.
- Uses standard 35mm film that can be processed anywhere
- Creates up to 8 full 360° panoramas on a 36-exposure roll of film
- Rubber band drive and fully manual controls with no batteries required
- Manual long exposures
- Sunny or cloudy aperture settings of f/16 and f/8, respectively
- Can be hand-held or attached to a tripod with the standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount