Adobe's Premiere Pro CS5 for Windows brings untold levels of productivity and flexibility to your video editing. A fully professional nonlinear editing system, Premiere Pro CS5 offers accelerated 64-bit performance and expanded support for all the latest tapeless video formats--including P2, XDCAM HD, RED, and DSLR cameras like the Canon 5D Mark II and Nikon D3s. Enhanced interoperability with other NLEs makes for painless import and export of projects from Final Cut Pro and Avid.
As always, Premiere Pro works seamlessly with Adobe Photoshop and After Effects, while the included Adobe OnLocation and Encore extend your editing workflow--from field monitoring and camera calibration to customized metadata and tapeless logging all the way through authoring and mastering your projects for delivery on DVD, Blu-ray, and the Web. Whether shooting standard-def video on the smallest camcorder or mastering RED One footage in 4K resolution, Adobe's Premiere Pro CS5 has the tools to make your project move effortlessly from production to final presentation.
Note! Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 requires a 64-bit operating system.
- Industry-leading Performance
- Discover the native 64-bit, GPU-accelerated Mercury Playback Engine that provides rock-solid performance and stability, at 4K resolution and beyond. Open projects rapidly, and create multilayer, effects-rich sequences without rendering. 1
- Broad Format Support
- Work with virtually any video, image, and audio format without transcoding or rewrapping thanks to native editing support for DV, HDV, RED, DPX, Sony XDCAM, XDCAM HD 50, XDCAM EX and XDCAM HD, Panasonic P2, DVCPROHD, AVCHD, and AVC-Intra, plus Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras. Add uncompressed SD and HD acquisition with hardware cards from third-party vendors.
- Efficient Tools for Creative Editing
- Create high-quality visual and editorial effects directly within the editing timeline. Edit faster with powerful editing tools that give you precise control and real-time feedback. Add color correction and other effects, audio filters, and more.
- Open Workflows w/Final Cut, Avid, Digidesign Pro
- Bring the creative benefits of Adobe tools to the whole project, exploring new possibilities with Adobe After Effects and other Adobe software. Collaborate more efficiently by importing and exporting Final Cut Pro and Avid projects into Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Unparalleled Toolset Integration
- Work more efficiently from planning through delivery with the tightly integrated toolset in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5. Eliminate intermediate rendering when moving sequences into Encore, and easily hop between your edited sequence and After Effects. Paint, add text, and clone across multiple frames with new video features in Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended.
- Script-to-Screen Workflow
- Move from script to screen faster with Adobe Story, a new CS Live online service.* Efficiently manage your shoot and streamline logging by importing scripts from Adobe Story to create complete shot lists and capture production notes in Adobe OnLocation. Use Speech Search to synchronize the script to footage in Adobe Premiere Pro and quickly produce rough cuts. With Adobe Encore, turn your DVD and Blu-ray Disc projects into searchable web-DVDs, and use Adobe Media Encoder to deliver your video for broadcast, device, film, and mobile distribution.
- Encoding and Delivery for Viewing Everywhere
- Reach audiences wherever they are, on whatever device they are watching video on. Batch encode in the background to a broad selection of web and video formats, and deliver DVDs, Blu-rays Discs, and interactive web-DVDs.
- Direct-to-Disk Recording and On-set Monitoring
- Manage your shoot more efficiently with Adobe OnLocation CS5, included with Adobe Premiere Pro. Record directly to disk and maximize camera image quality. Organize shots using metadata imported from Adobe Story, a new Adobe CS Live online service,* and logged during the shoot. When you import the project into Adobe Premiere Pro, metadata from Adobe OnLocation makes it easy to create a rough cut.
- Efficient Editing with Metadata, from Script Thru Delivery
- Use metadata added to clips during preproduction, on set, and in the edit suite with Speech Search to easily find assets and edit faster. Export metadata to make your content more discoverable and to help unlock new revenue streams.
- Native Support for DSLR Cameras
- Edit video from the latest DSLR cameras, such as Canon 5D Mark II and 7D; Nikon D90, D300s, and D3000; and others. New native support means you never waste valuable production time transcoding or rewrapping and always have access to the original file's pristine quality.
- Comprehensive Production Toolset
- Extend your edit suite to preproduction and delivery. Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 comes with Adobe OnLocation CS5 for on-set monitoring, logging, and direct-to-disk capture; Encore CS5 for authoring DVDs, Blu-ray Discs, and web-DVDs; and Adobe Media Encoder for batch encoding video to virtually every format.
- Client Reviews Made Simple
Collaborate more efficiently on works in progress using Adobe CS Review, a new CS Live online service* that allows you to share video sequences for review without burning discs or sending large files back and forth.
*CS Live online services are complimentary for a limited time--visit www.adobe.com/go/cslive for details.
CS Review will not be available for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 when the software initially ships. Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 users will automatically receive access to CS Review integration when it becomes available later in 2010.