This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
This Ikelite 6038.53 Underwater Video Housing For Sony HDR-CX550 / HXR-MC50 is designed for the Sony HDR-CX550 and HXR-MC50 video cameras. The housing is compact and has mechanical controls, and it is molded in clear polycarbonate. The housing includes an optical glass lens port with removable UR pro filter. The housing's port has 67mm threads, allowing the use of optional macro lenses.
External wide angle lenses do not have an advantage with the Sony CX550 due to severe vignetting. Special ports are available for use with the Raynox DCR-730 high resolution wide angle lens. Optional ports sold separately include dome port #9306 or flat lens port #9306.1. The 37mm-52mm thread adapter ring is required to attach the DCR-730 lens to the CX550 camera. Using a wide angle lens will increase image quality because you are able to move in close and reduce the amount of water between your lens and subject.
The camera's LCD monitor can be viewed from the rear of the housing using the external mirror. The external mirror is hinged so it can be opened to reflect the image from the camera's LCD monitor. This housing includes (IRC) Image Reversing Circuitry. The circuit reverses (flips) the image and text on the LCD screen so that when the image is reflected in the external mirror, it appears correct left-to-right. The camera's microphone is disabled when Reversing Circuitry is turned on.
Another viewing option is to use the magnified Super-Eye Viewfinder for viewing the camera's optical viewfinder through a diving mask. The camera requires that the LCD monitor be closed to use the optical viewfinder. This is a limitation caused by the camera, not the housing.
The base removes instantly with a unique toggle clamp for traveling or attaching the optional Pro Video Lite 3 battery pack. The handle assembly detaches from the housing by removal of 2 nuts. The housing is easy to use and will allow you to capture the moment underwater in video or digital stills. Other features and controls include: power on/off, record-start/stop, zoom, snapshot, mode button and LCD touch screen (3 controls). The LCD screen touch pad provides full access to setting white balance and white balance shift. The housing is rated to a depth of up to 200'.
- Built from strong, corrosion-resistant, clear injection-molded polycarbonate, allowing visual inspection of the camcorder, control functions, and all sealing surfaces
- Dependable mechanical controls are sealed with Quad-Ring seal glands
- Controls Include:
- Power on/off
- Mode Button
- LCD touch screen (3 controls)
- LCD reversing circuit on/off (microphone disabled when on)
- The camera's LCD monitor can be viewed from the rear of the housing, using the external mirror featured on the side of the housing
- (IRC) Image Reversing Circuitry
- Image and text on the LCD screen are reversed (flipped), so that when the image is reflected in the external mirror, it appears correctly left-to-right
- Color Corrector Filter
- The included UR/Pro color-correcting filter enhances the warm reds and oranges that are lost underwater
- Quick-Release Base
- The quick release base removes instantly for traveling