The 35mm f/1.8 DT Alpha A-Mount Standard Prime Lens from Sony is designed for D-SLR cameras with DT-format, APS-C sized sensors, so the lens actually has the 35mm equivalent of a 52.5mm focal length. The ultra fast f/1.8 wide-open aperture, along with the 7-blade circular diaphragm, allows you to work in low light, and create very smooth "bokeh" out of focus background effects. With its minimum focus distance of 9.05" it also allows you to get in close to your subjects.
The internal Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) ensures responsive and fluid autofocus operation. The focus mode switch allows you to quickly switch between autofocus and manual, and the 55mm filter diameter allows the addition of creative filter effects onto your images.
- 52.5mm (35mm Equivalent) Fixed Lens
- When attaching this 35mm lens to your cropped APS-C size DSLR, it becomes a 52.5mm normal focal length that is similar to the perspective of the human eye.
- Aperture Range: f/1.8-22
- The bright f/1.8 maximum aperture of this lens provides a distinct advantage in hand-held shooting in low-light environments. It also provides very smooth and pleasing out of focus background effects.
- For DT Alpha & Minolta DSLRs Optimized For APS-C Size / DT-Format Alpha & Minolta DSLRs
- Designed specifically for the APS-C sized sensors used in many Sony Alpha DSLR cameras, this lens can be more compact and lightweight than it otherwise would be if built for a full-frame camera. It is recommended you one use this lens with DT-format Alpha & Minolta SLR cameras.
- Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM)
- Designed for fast, smooth and silent automatic focusing, Sony's unique Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) technology achieves high torque at low speed with rapid start/stop response. The AF control signals from the camera body are sent to the lens-mounted SAM unit, which drives the lens directly, helping to assure quick and accurate AF response.
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9.6"
- At 9.6" the minimum focusing of the lens makes it possible to move in for outstanding close-up shots.
- 7x Circular Aperture Blades
- Circular aperture blades produce smooth, rounded "bokeh" background effects when capturing spot-light sources in your pictures. Because the aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing out of focus effect.
- Filter Diameter: 55mm
- The 55mm front filter thread does not rotate, allowing rotating polarizing filters to be used.