Shining Technology's CitiDISK CFR is an external video capture device designed to record footage directly to a CompactFlash card (not included). While shooting with any FireWire-enabled camcorder, you can capture video directly to this rugged but lightweight solid-state recorder, as either a QuickTime or AVI2 file and even simultaneously record to tape for archiving and backup purposes. These files can then be easily transferred to a nonlinear editing system, saving you the time-consuming effort of capturing or digitizing footage after the fact. And with its ability to automatically detect which file format is being ingested--whether DV, HDV, DVCam, DVCPro/HD or P2--the CitiDISK CFR is sure to bring new levels of ease to your production.
- Cost Effective, Rugged, No Moving Parts
Budget-friendly and ultra-portable, the CitiDISK CFR is compatible with widely available, removable CompactFlash cards. With no moving parts, CitiDISK CFR offers increased stability over traditional hard drives. Optimized for broadcast and video professionals in the field, it is ideal for rough shooting conditions like high-vibration, high altitude or extreme weather.
(Supports CF capacity from 500MB to 500GB. CompactFlash card not included.)
- Built-In LCD Screen with Scrolling Key
- Built-in LCD screen with scrolling key easily navigates/changes settings dynamically, while also reading back recorded footage/information.
- Camera-Controlled Recording with or w/out Tape
- Records DV/HDV/DVCProHD from camcorder controlled by camera's REC button (with tape inserted), or by CitiDISK CFR's REC button without tape inserted.
- Multiple Format & Audio Sampling Rate Detection
- CitiDISK CFR automatically detects incoming MiniDV/DVCam/DVCPro (DV or DV25), HDV, DVCPro50 or DVCProHD stream formats and 2-ch-16bit-48Khz, 2-ch-16bit-44.1Khz, 4-ch-12bit-32Khz audio sampling rates. Provides record/playback in either format.
- Multiple File Format Support
- Using QuickTime (MOV), AVI2, or Canopus/Matrox AVI2 file formats eliminates MXF-to-MOV or MXF-to-AVI2 conversion time. Future firmware update will support Avid-MXF (free to customers).
- Quickly View or Loop Play Last or Previously Captured Scenes
"QPLAY" last captured DV footage on viewfinder when setting camera to VCR mode. Also navigate older clips at the press of a button or playlist from the local LCM+keys.
Note: Future firmware update will support HDV instant playback through viewfinder (free to customers).
- Archive DV Tape Content
- Easily archive tape-based HDV or DV footage by pressing CitiDISK CFR's REC button with camera in VCR mode. Video clips are stored as MOV, AVI2 or Canopus/Matrox AVI2 file format in a preformatted FAT32 medium.
- Pre-Scene Loop Recording
- DV streams are buffered in internal memory and instantly recorded to the unit's CF card when the REC button is pressed or REC command is selected. This function helps to avoid the loss of important scenes.
- Nonstop Shooting Through Combination of Batteries
- Built-in 150-minute rechargeable lithium polymer battery automatically takes over when the 4.5-hour external battery runs low. This seamless battery power changeover ensures nonstop shooting capability--no need to shut down unit.
- Plug 'n Play - Instant Video Editing
- With CompactFlash card inserted, CitiDISK CFR appears as an external FireWire hard drive on PC/Mac desktops via the miniUSB or FireWire port. Video clips are immediately editable/playable by most NLE software packages.
- Built-In Hot-Shoe - Total Flexibility
- Built-in hot-shoe mechanism allows for easy camera mounting.
- Quick Erase Button & Quick Format Functions
Convenient one-touch "Quick Erase" button instantly cleans file folder--frees up card space. Or press and hold the "Quick Erase" button over 10 seconds to trigger the Quick Format function.
Note: Both "Quick Erase" and "Quick Format" functions can be also activated from local LCM and keys.