The EeeBox PC EB1501P Desktop Computer from ASUS is a compact desktop computer. It features a standing design that brings elegance to your desktop, while at the same time saving space. You can also opt to mount it to the back of an LCD display, thanks to the included 75/100mm VESA mount.
The system features an HDMI output for HDTV connectivity, and the ASUS Total Media Center application for video playback. It can output 5.1-channel audio via S/PDIF, making it a great choice for use as part of a home theater. The computer has a slot-loading SuperMulti DVD burner for disc playback and authoring.
The EeeBox manages to balance performance, size, and power consumption. A dual-core Intel Atom CPU is capable of handling most tasks, while generating less heat and consuming less power than high-end desktop CPUs. This allows the EeeBox to be small and quiet, while still providing enough processing horsepower to run multimedia, home, office, and Internet applications.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.8GHz Intel Atom D525 CPU, and boasts 2GB of RAM, a 320GB hard drive, 802.11n Wi-Fi, and Next-Generation nVIDIA ION GT218-ION graphics. Device connectivity is achieved via eSATA, USB 3.0, and USB 2.0 ports. The computer also features HDMI, VGA, and S/PDIF output functionality. The installed operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).
- Full HD Home Entertainment Center in a Box
The EeeBox PC EB1501P runs on the Intel Atom D525 Dual-Core processor and Next-Generation nVIDIA ION graphics platform and features a slot-load optical disc drive (ODD) to let you enjoy multimedia content on your LCD TV in Full HD 1080p.
The EB1501P's Total Media Center supports multiple media and codec file formats while SimHD sharpens video and scales up your DVD/SD movies from 720 x 576p to HD quality at 1280 x 720p or higher.
- Grace to Home Entertainment
The EB1501 series modern, contemporary design is inspired by the style and grace of a ballerina. Its elegant, space saving (1.5L) "standing diamond" form factor gives it the distinction of being the world's smallest PC to have a slot-in ODD. You can mount it on the back of an LCD monitor to save even more space and create an all-in-one PC at the same time. Big things come in small packages and the EB1501 series is no exception-with an array of I/O ports ensuring full connectivity. HDMI and S/PDIF output ports ensure a Full HD 1080p home entertainment experience with 5.1 channel surround sound, while the built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi and an Ethernet LAN port keep you connected to your home network. Additional I/O ports include VGA, eSATA, a card reader, headphone and mic jacks, and 6 USB ports.
Right out of the box, the EeeBox PC EB1501P sets out to challenge the traditional "watching of DVDs on an LCD TV" home entertainment concept. With HDMI output, a slot-load optical disc drive (ODD) and the ability to play content from your own media library in Full HD, the EB1501P is set to give your current home entertainment system a run for its money.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse -- Uses 70% Less Power Than Your Average Desktop
- Thanks to Intel's energy efficient Atom processor, the EB1501 series gives you up to 70% in energy savings when compared to traditional desktop PC. ASUS' proprietary Super Hybrid Engine enhances system performance and allows the EB1501 series power consumption patterns to be tailored according to your required level of performance.
- USB 3.0: Ten Times Faster than USB 2.0
- USB 3.0 has a bandwidth of about 5Gbps -- about 10 times that of USB 2.0. This allows for high speed data transfers of large files like movies and videos. It also charges USB-compatible devices faster. Finally, the USB 3.0 helps to extend battery life, suspending operations when it is in idle mode.